Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What is Buster Posey's best RC?

I want to get some opinions on the top 5 cards to get for Buster Posey. I am looking for ideas on PSA 10 RC's or BGS 9.5's. For the purposes of this list, I'd like to put a cap of $300 on any one card. As a Giants fan I am biased, but I think he is the most underrated star in today's game and this extends to his card values. ROY, MVP, 3 World Series titles in his first 4 full seasons (not taking into account this season or his second year where he got injured and played in only 45 games) is one heck of a start to a career.
Steve

Comments

• Options
    JWBlueJWBlue Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    Not the best one but a 2008 Buster Posey Chrome with a print of 225 cards would be in the range.

If not that card, then whatever the next highest print # for that card.
  • Options
    JWBlueJWBlue Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    (Please delete.the site had technical issues last night.)

• Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I want to get some opinions on the top 5 cards to get for Buster Posey. I am looking for ideas on PSA 10 RC's or BGS 9.5's. For the purposes of this list, I'd like to put a cap of $300 on any one card. As a Giants fan I am biased, but I think he is the most underrated star in today's game and this extends to his card values. ROY, MVP, 3 World Series titles in his first 4 full seasons (not taking into account this season or his second year where he got injured and played in only 45 games) is one heck of a start to a career. >>

Aint this the truth BP also caught perfect game and 2 or 3 no-hitters. Wasn't he also comeback player of the year. And he has a great attitude, sets the tone for the rookies on the Giants. I find it funny to see the drooling love-feast for Harper, Trout, Bryant, Kershaw; total of ZERO rings between these guys. Since the Giants play out west, there is no love for this team. They asked the Penn. little league kids who their favorite players were, and not one Giant.
    Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I want to get some opinions on the top 5 cards to get for Buster Posey. I am looking for ideas on PSA 10 RC's or BGS 9.5's. For the purposes of this list, I'd like to put a cap of $300 on any one card. As a Giants fan I am biased, but I think he is the most underrated star in today's game and this extends to his card values. ROY, MVP, 3 World Series titles in his first 4 full seasons (not taking into account this season or his second year where he got injured and played in only 45 games) is one heck of a start to a career. >>

Aint this the truth BP also caught perfect game and 2 or 3 no-hitters. Wasn't he also comeback player of the year. And he has a great attitude, sets the tone for the rookies on the Giants. I find it funny to see the drooling love-feast for Harper, Trout, Bryant, Kershaw; total of ZERO rings between these guys. Since the Giants play out west, there is no love for this team. They asked the Penn. little league kids who their favorite players were, and not one Giant. >>

Not sure what a "love-feast" is but a lot of people become fans of a specific team based on proximity. They are more inclined to become fans of teams that are nearby. So, no idea why a team from the East coast would like a team from the West coast.
  • Options
    2008 Bowman Chrome Draft Auto
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>2008 Bowman Chrome Draft Auto >>

+1

You might be able to get a Refractor within your range (saw one or two end just over $300 on ebay).
  • Options
    FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 467 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>They asked the Penn. little league kids who their favorite players were, and not one Giant. >>

I thought this was super intersting throughout the LLWS rounds. I expected a lot more Trout. Was suprised at the amount of Harper and Jeter (given geographic proximity). One kid did say Jackie Robinson, which i thought was pretty neat.