Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Sample Card

Picked this up at an auction today and was wondering if this was a sample PSA set out when they were first starting out? Came out of a dealer lot with a bunch of Topps store posters other card advertising?

" I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talking about practice. I mean, listen, we're talking about practice "

Comments

• Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    That's it.
  • Options
    Ok nice, thank you.
    " I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talking about practice. I mean, listen, we're talking about practice "
  • Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    Interesting....

So they would slab a card and hand out, in this case an 88 Gary Thurman, to show what the finished product would be like in the everlasting search to market their product and acquire customers?

Was this started in 1988 or was it later than that?

I seem to remember PSA getting rolled out in the early-mid 90's (93/94?) as I had not seen any PSA at the card store I had worked at during that era. I left the store in 1992.

Matter of fact, I had resisted the notion of PSA until just recently (last 5 years) = shame on me!

Anyhow, interesting bit of PSA nostalgia there - I would enjoy hearing more about it.
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store