Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Crackout submission results

panexpoguypanexpoguy Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
Sent in six coins in the last group. Here are the results:
Submitted a former ANACS 1935 MS66 FB Merc. There was some discussion in a previous thread about whether or not it would make FB at PCGS. It did cross at grade.
Submitted a former NGC 1942D MS67 FB Merc. IT crossed at MS66 FB. I loved the reverse.
Submitted a former NGC 1883 O MS65 Morgan. It had proof like qualities. Crossed at MS65, but no PL
Submitted a former NGC 1946 D Walker. got it cheap due to ugly toning. Dipped it. Crossed at MS65 so I was happy.
Submitted a former NGC 1886 O Morgan AU55 and CAC. This was my only head scratcher. Crossed at AU53

Comments

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be pleased with those results overall. Nice job.

• Options
    KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would be pleased with those results overall. Nice job.

image >>

I agree, very nice.
    Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    nice results there
    what a beauty that 42-d mercury dime is
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    I always thought if I crack out a 66 and submit it to PCGS, technically the result is that PCGS graded it 66, not that it crossed as a 66. I thought "cross" was limited to those instances where the second grader is aware of the first grader's grade. Just curious how others think of the technically proper way to describe the results.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice results! image

Good looking coins.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    Cool. Good job image
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    Nice results and a great looking group of coins. I really like the 83 - O Morgan.

Mike
  • Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good eye.... Congrats!

ABimage
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! Nice reverse on that 42-D Merc! image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you should be an astute dealer........
    O
    INK
  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice. So did you actually crack out or submit for crossover?
  • Options
    65 is generous for the 83-O morgan.

<< <i>I always thought if I crack out a 66 and submit it to PCGS, technically the result is that PCGS graded it 66, not that it crossed as a 66. I thought "cross" was limited to those instances where the second grader is aware of the first grader's grade. Just curious how others think of the technically proper way to describe the results. >>

Looks like the OP used the term "crossed" here as shorthand for "cracked out and regraded as the same grade", but technically the term "crossed" should be reserved for when a coin is submitted in another TPGs holder and receives the same grade.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file