Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1971 Larry Hisle

What's the deal with this card? It seems to be by far the highest pop 1971 in high grade. Huge cut case or vending find a la Tom Matchick?

Comments

• Options
    LittletweedLittletweed Posts: 623 ✭✭✭
    I have always wondered that myself. A couple of years ago I was able to get a lot of Hisle's from vending. I am responsible for about 14 of the PSA 8's. I never did get a 9, or even an 8.5, but the cards are nice. Maybe they were double printed? I don't know, but they are plentiful in high grade.

Matt

• Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    Maybe larry should change his name from "hisle" to "highpop".
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    If I remember right 2 rows consisting of 22 cards were printed 3 times on the 264 card uncut sheet, Hisle was in one of these rows. 99 cards (5th series CL would be DP too) were printed two times. Some others cards in the Hisle row are Yaz, Wynn and Yankees team card.

John

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there must be more to it than double printing, for Tom Matchick we have this....and the PSA 8 population for Hisle is DOUBLE that of Matchick!!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe larry should change his name from "hisle" to "highpop". >>

Ba-da-bump. LOL..

David will be here all week, ladies and gentlemen..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe larry should change his name from "hisle" to "highpop". >>

Ba-da-bump. LOL..

David will be here all week, ladies and gentlemen..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    Thanks tim--it was so funny I guess it was worth a double post eh?!?!?!image
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    I really have no clue but there is nothing like seeing a stack of 71 topps like that.
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    Matchick is a series 3 card. The only DP's in this series are the coin checklist and the 3rd series CL

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972