Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ebay seller selling fake gold... report away!

jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭
Every coin he has is fake. Has also been busted selling fake other items. Report away!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1856-C-2-1-2-Liberty-Quarter-Eagle-Gold-Coin-/281780012041?hash=item419b65c409

Comments

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice telephoto lens use....very helpful for the buyer.
  • Options
    Thank you guys, I am pretty active member on another forum, and do not post as much on this one (am a lurker), so I do not know how to do the pics/links as well.
  • Options
    TigersFan2TigersFan2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭
    Are the two $2 1/2 Indians also fake? They look like badly damaged former jewelry pieces at best.
    I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.
  • Options
    Yes, all of his coins are fake. I mainly collect $2 1/2 gold, and these are not even good fakes.
  • Options
    Thanks. I'll report the other 2 as fakes also.
  • Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good idea kids make more room for more fake coin auctionsimage
  • Options
    reported
    PCGS
  • Options
    But I regularly report coin auctions that are breaking the rules and I've never seen one get pulled before the auction ends. I started watching them to see. I don't think Ebay really cares because as long as something sells, they get a commission.

I saw an article from a year or two ago. It said that Ebay had 7 coin experts who were being compensated to look at coin auctions and flag the fakes. But they discontinued that because they decided that Ebay's job is to bring buyers and sellers together and not judge the content of what's being sold.
  • Options

<< <i>good idea kids make more room for more fake coin auctionsimage >>

I'm not sure what you are saying...?
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I saw an article from a year or two ago. It said that Ebay had 7 coin experts who were being compensated to look at coin auctions and flag the fakes. But they discontinued that because they decided that Ebay's job is to bring buyers and sellers together and not judge the content of what's being sold."

I hope some of these "winners" start suing good ol' ebay if that's at all possible.
  • Options
    He's probably saying Ebay dosnt give a poop.
    PCGS

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file