Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mets Mojo - Tuesday, October 28th, 1986

As the Mets bash their way towards the playoffs, I thought this would be a cool trip down memory lane.

Enjoy!

A sports page wouldn't be complete without a car ad. Right? Haha

Comments

• Options
    My very first memory of watching baseball on TV was this series I was nine years old.

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options

<< <i>My very first memory of watching baseball on TV was this series I was nine years old. >>

This is the first World Series I remember as well. What a trip down memory lane - love seeing the old ads in the paper too! A new Yugo for less than a hundred a month? Thanks for sharing lawnmowerman.
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My very first memory of watching baseball on TV was this series I was nine years old. >>

This is the first World Series I remember as well. What a trip down memory lane - love seeing the old ads in the paper too! A new Yugo for less than a hundred a month? Thanks for sharing lawnmowerman. >>

Thanks for sharing lawnmowerman?!?!?! More like go to hell lawnmowerman!!image
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Matt ... here's my addition to your thread. My ticket to Game #6. Best game I have ever been to.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    JWBlueJWBlue Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    An argument could be made that the NLCS vs Houston that season was better than the World Series. Not to mention the ALCS.

Does anyone else think this might have been the best MLB playoffs of all time?

I can't believe I am bringing this up because when other people do this I accuse them of name dropping.

A few years ago I went to a bar in Huntington Beach and this guy sits next to me. We were watching a baseball game and we begin talking.

I asked what he does for a living and he points at the television screen and says, "I used to do this."

It was Kevin Elster.

We were talking for a while. Nice enough. I asked him a ton of baseball stuff but wished I would have asked him a lot more.

I now understand why people tell stories like this. Being a huge baseball fan it was a thrill talking to him. Especially in that setting.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

This is the first World Series I remember as well. What a trip down memory lane - love seeing the old ads in the paper too! A new Yugo for less than a hundred a month? Thanks for sharing lawnmowerman. >>

Thanks for sharing lawnmowerman?!?!?! More like go to hell lawnmowerman!!image >>

LMAO!!
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Matt ... here's my addition to your thread. My ticket to Game #6. Best game I have ever been to.

image >>

Doug, I was watching game 6 at my friends house. I was 16 and my friend was rooting for the sox just because he knew I was a Mets fan, damn him lol.

We were watchng the game on his bedroom floor .Anyway, he was all excited getting ready to celebrate, I had my head literally under the bed waiting for the final out, when I heard this:

link

Ah, how sweet that was image