Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Need help with identifying the year of Yankees and Milwaukee Braves ticket stubs

Been searching for a while online but haven't found another example like this one. Thinking 1915-1925 or so due to the price, but not sure...

Any sleuthing help would be appreciated.

Need help dating these Braves stubs also...thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    I couldn't find the exact year but on google books there's a book called "Baseball Research Journal Volume 43 Issue 1" On page 43 they talk about rain check tickets and the logo they use. Figure 2 on the bottom of the page has a rain check logo that is similar to the one you have.

Thanks,
    James
    " I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talking about practice. I mean, listen, we're talking about practice "
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the Braves tickets, the signature looks to be Lou Perini's. He was the owner of the Boston Braves, who moved to Milwaukee in 1953. He sold the Braves to Bill Bartholomay after the 1961 season; so the tickets would be somewhere from 1953-1961.

Steve
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on THIS ITEM on ebay, the Yankees ticket looks like it might be from late May in 1942.

Steve
  • Options
    fmclaug11fmclaug11 Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    Steve, that's a match for sure...based on that stub, my ticket would have been from May 27, 1942...an 8-3 win for New York.

Appreciate the help...now just need to id the Braves stubs.