Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Types of Original Perth Mint Capsules

How many different types of original capsules does the Perth Mint have?

Are recent (last few years) capsules for the 1 oz silver Koala, Kookaburra, Wedge-tailed eagle, .... all identical?

I know capsules for the 1 oz silver Lunar series are different (larger diameter) than the ones mentioned above.

How about the 1 Kilo silver coins.... are the capsules for the kookaburra, koala, and Lunar Series the same?

I have to know this when obtaining replacement capsules.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee

Comments

• DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    BUMP
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

• trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Prior to the round capsules were the square capsules...

trozau (troy ounce gold)

bump

I have noticed that the original Perth Mint capsules of the kookaburras are identical to the Lunar Series I in terms of the 1 oz silver coins. The Lunar Series II are different with a larger diameter. Is this a correct assumption?