Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Received a bent 1/1 in the mail...

No, it''s not a Trout or Bryant..

I live in Korea and I just received cards from Burbank Sportscards that I purchased on eBay, shipped for a very affordable $10. They were all Mark Buehrle cards, and all but one are chrome/chrome refractors. Those for the most part are NM/MT as labeled and I expected some to have chipping on the back (which I hope dont get less than PSA 8). All of those cards arrived in a plastic case/taped.  

What is infuriating is that they put the only other card, a 2002 Sweet Spot NSCC/National Gem Collection 1/1 ($9.95 but beside the point), in a sleeve/top loader, separate from the case and the card and top loader are bent. I dont see a crease but i put it in the case between all the other cards in hopes it gets straightened. I'm convinced if it were in the case, I wouldnt be making this post. The case and toploader were mailed in a bubble envelope. I rarely leave negative feedback, have never really had to, but this is frustrating. I'm able to leave feedback on all 24 cards, individually. Should I wait and see on the 1/1 before leaving feedback on that card? Considering most of these cards are $1-$3, the other 23 cards will get positive feedback with notes on any excessive back chipping.

Perhaps Im over-thinking this and some may think I should just let it be... What would you do regarding feedback? Should I request a refund on the 1/1 or is it just bad luck and not their fault it was damaged (eventhouGH it shouldn't have been by itself in the toploader)?

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure they put it in the sleeve and top loader to keep it separate from the other cards for extra protection. I'm assuming by case you mean a snap tite type box. If so, those really don't protect cards that well especially the corners. I'm sure their logic was putting a 1/1 card in the box with other common cards would upset you especially if the corners got dinged. Imo, they tried to do the right thing.

Scan or take pics of the card and top loader to show the extent of the damage and post it to the thread.
  • Options
    I've dealt with Burbank. Contact them and they should refund your money. Or at least make it right
  • Options
    As a buyer you should contact them first, mail back the damaged card and wait for a refund only then leaving them glowing 5 star feedback upon refund. They protected the card and is not their fault for damaged shipping. Buyers that leave negative feedback without trying to reason with a reasonable return are bad and should be blocked. As a seller I have went way out of my way before to make a buyer happy even when it was not warranted. I hope you find resolve.

Jason
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the responses, guys. I put the card in a Card Saver and will let the issue be. I don't think it's as bad as I first thought.

bishop: I haven't been to the DMZ yet but I heard the tour is cool.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would give burbank a chance to make it right before I left negative feedback

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would give burbank a chance to make it right before I left negative feedback >>

You are right but I don't plan to leave any negatives now and will submit the card in time.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    When it's a 1/1 there isn't much a buyer can do. . . .