Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New Card Vault Case Models in Response to Feedback

We're investigating creating two new Card Vault storage case models, and are looking for some input/feedback from collectors on their thoughts on models with the following capacities:

The Hand-Carried Case: Approximate 40 or so original PSA slabbed cards

The Dealer Chest: Approximately 800 or so original PSA slabbed cards

Trying to understand how useful the models would be if they were available.

Thanks in advance for any replies or PMs.

Thank you to all for your feedback.

Based on your input have decided that both of the new models will be produced. We've worked through the engineering processes and have enhanced designs for both of the models.

The model names and specifications will be as follows:

MODEL 100: All of the usual Card Vault features and our custom cross-link foam insert that will hold approximately 55-60 original PSA slabs.

MODEL 800: Standard Car Vault features, wheels and a pull-out handle and a two-tiered insert system that will hold approximately 800 original PSA slabs.

I will post more info in our B/S/T thread.

Dave

Comments

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    jim,

interested in the spec's on the 800.
  • Options
    glitch.
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be all for it image
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

The weight of the 800 count case, when full, would be over 100 pounds. Is it going to have wheels and a collapsible handle like luggage does?

• Options
    ToneDToneD Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    The hand-carried case would be interesting. I don't have a large collection, but I struggle to find something nice to store my cards. 40 card capacity would be a good size. Good luck to you.
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    An 800 count chest would contain about 80 pounds of cards, or the equivalent size and weight of 3 of the standard 3 row shoe boxes most people are familiar with. It would be okay for a collector parking it in a closet, but for a dealer moving it around it would be very awkward to move and too large for flying.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see a case that would house a 660-card set.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>An 800 count chest would contain about 80 pounds of cards, or the equivalent size and weight of 3 of the standard 3 row shoe boxes most people are familiar with. It would be okay for a collector parking it in a closet, but for a dealer moving it around it would be very awkward to move and too large for flying. >>

not a dealer and have other plans, but i think the time saving packing, unpacking & shipping would be heaven sent for dealers.

would like to know the exact dims, it would have to have the wheels/handles as the other models i picked up and a few upgraded locking methods.

it might even make sense to have the wheels easily removable for obvious reasons.
  • Options

<< <i>I would love to see a case that would house a 660-card set. >>

+1 image

Ryan Hoge - PSA President, IG: @maysmantle

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

+1 image >>

Tim and Ryan - I'm guessing that would be a 1975 Topps mini set image
    Daniel
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

+1 image >>

Tim and Ryan - I'm guessing that would be a 1975 Topps mini set image >>

Pray tell, how did you ever guess that, Daniel?? image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    Actually the current model 300 fully loaded with a 407 card topps 1957 baseball set weighs about 75 pounds, so the 800 card
    model under consideration would be well over 100 pounds. Wheels and a retractable handle would definitely be features for this
    case. The design will require two levels that stack, with the top inst being removable so you can get to the lower level of cards.
    Case depth will need to be on the order of 13-15 inches. Other dimensions there are several possibilities that would enable an
    800 card capacity.

The smaller case insert can only provide sufficient protection if the cards sit sideways instead of vertically. Dimensions likely to
    would be on the order of 10" x 8" x 6"

Thanks for the input so far. We strive to design with features that collectors feel are useful so please keep it coming.

Dave
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can vouch for this product as I bought one of the cases last year with wheels that holds 150 cards and it is awesome. Foam is a very sturdy polyethylene, and case is waterproof and dustproof.

One question - on the smaller case are you saying the cards have to be placed on their back in the case and not stacked on their side to protect them?
  • Options

<< <i>I can vouch for this product as I bought one of the cases last year with wheels that holds 150 cards and it is awesome. Foam is a very sturdy polyethylene, and case is waterproof and dustproof.

One question - on the smaller case are you saying the cards have to be placed on their back in the case and not stacked on their side to protect them? >>

Not flat. The top edge of he flip needs to point at the front or rear of the case. In our other models the
    slabs sit upright with the top edge of the flip pointing to the top of case.

Dave
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    Do you have a website?
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    Dave--I love my 2 cases for cello packs and the PSA cards----but do they really have to be that heavy? I know they are safe from dropping from "x" distance, and waterproof--but most of us may not really care about all that.

Is it possible to make it more lightweight?
  • Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭
    Can someone post a link of the models currently available, or did I miss it.

I remember a thread about this a while back and the cases look intriguing.
    Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options
    DragnetDragnet Posts: 635 ✭✭✭
    Dave knows this but would definitely be interested in both size cases!
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Thank you to all for your feedback.

Based on your input we have decided that both of the new models will be produced. We've worked through the engineering processes and have enhanced designs for both of the models.

The model names and specifications will be as follows:

MODEL 100: All of the usual Card Vault features and our custom cross-link foam insert that will hold approximately 55-60 original PSA slabs.

MODEL 800: Standard Car Vault features, wheels and a pull-out handle and a two-tiered insert system that will hold approximately 800 original PSA slabs.

I will post more info in our B/S/T thread.

Dave