Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Wrong Forum, but

You are the guys with whom I interact.
A fellow who calls himself The Bulgarian requested to follow me on Flickr. That motivated me to check out what I have Bulgarian in my own collection. Not much, it seems. I have one medal and one coin. I might post them this weekend. However, I briefly collected world currency, several years ago and I had a 500 Leva note. If I may beg you indulgence for posting on the wrong form, I present this note and two others that may interest the group.

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage
Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD

Comments

• Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that 5,000 drachmai note. The engraving of the hippocamp on the reverse is very nice!

-Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the Greek money, in the 20th century, kept true to classical artistic traditions.

DPOTD
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    Those are great notes! I really like the third one.
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    I like me some hippocamp! Very nice.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tsar Simeon is pictured on the 500 Leva note, curiously he is one of only two living WWII era leaders. A few years ago he was elected prime minister of Bulgaria and has been a high profile figure in Bulgarian politics since the fall of communism.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    PatARPatAR Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    The hippocamp is quite interesting! I wonder if one appears on any other type of coin or bill? Now I'm going to go looking... Your fault harasha! image
  • Options
    I often have seen the hippocamp. It frequently shows up on a search for horses. Offhand, here is a 2 drachma coin minted under Greece's King George, in 1911.

imageimage

DPOTD
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the hippocamp! Well all of them are nice, but that's a great design.

The hippocamp is also on the 1 drachma as well, plus the $2 1/2 Pan-Pac, and multiple ancients. I can also think of one of the Eastern Carribean coins too, a conder and I'm sure more will occur to me later. When I'm on a more user friendly device I'll try and post a couple pictures of some really nice medal versions too.

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very nice notes
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty notes. image
  • Options
    AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    nice notes harasha ,

these 3 are from my greek banknote collection,
    red one is slighty larger with approx. 7 x 3.5 inch versus 6 x 3 1/4 inch for the other 2.
    collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • Options
    So much more impressive when they are in pristine or close to pristine condition!

DPOTD