Home Precious Metals
Options

CNN Money article says gold to $350

I doubt it could go that low but if the article was right, load the truck at $350 and unload it when it bounces back to $825 or hold it.
My guess it that it won't happen.

CNN MONEY article
Ed

Comments

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Yul
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yul >>

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The author states some questionable concepts. Gold is not just an inflationary play. It did quite well from 2000-2003 (+50%) during a strong recession. It also bounced sharply from Oct 2008 - August 2011...another period that was basically recessionary. How about 1933-1936? What about 1971-1974? Obviously, there's more to gold than just being an "inflationary" hedge. It's in fact a hedge against confidence in currencies.

Hint: Don't get your precious metals advice from CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, or Bloomberg. image.....or anything for that matter.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And in that inflationary period from 1985 to 2000 gold lost half it's value in dollar terms and a lot more than that vs other assets.

I hear zerohedge offers good advice on PMs. Lmao!!!

Forgot to add that a lot of folks on this board complained about inflation during the last 4 years...gold did quite well then. Lmfao!!!
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>And in that inflationary period from 1985 to 2000 gold lost half it's value in dollar terms and a lot more than that vs other assets.

I hear zerohedge offers good advice on PMs. Lmao!!!

Forgot to add that a lot of folks on this board complained about inflation during the last 4 years...gold did quite well then. Lmfao!!! >>

Cohodk at his contrarian best stating that gold is neither an inflationary hedge or a deflationary one. I guess it's a hedge against nothing and should only go down in value. Then why is it $1155 today rather than $20.67 as it was in Dec 1913 when the FED took over?

I feel sorry that you missed the 7 bagger in gold from 2001-2011. I really do. That's something that will probably eat at you for the rest of your trading career. We had the Greenspan put in the stock market from 2003-2007, and also the Cohodk "put" in gold from 2004-2012. Your charts were a classic fail all the way up. Your analysis was wrong from 2001-2012, and hasn't been all that much better as of late. Feel free to keep on "warning us" though. image

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love to buy a few ultra high relief coins at $500 each!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Youve lost your mind roadrunner. I guess you forgot that little 38% dump in 2008. I know we get hard of hearing we when get old, it didn't realize we also get cognitive dissonance.

I'm sorry you feel the need to pull others into your morass. Perhaps you would be better served by stretching out your hand and allowing others to pull you from the swamp that is fear and loathing. There is nothing wrong with seeking guidance..

• Options
    POO
  • Options

<< <i>POO >>

It's BOO. Come on, I know you can do this.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>POO >>

It's BOO. Come on, I know you can do this. >>

Oh no. What you respond with is POO. I'm just making it easy for ya. Don't step in it. image