Home Precious Metals

Black spts on Gold Maple Leaf?

BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
What would cause a blackish spot on a 2013 one ounce gold 0.9999 CML? Wasn't there just a few weeks ago. Do spots like that reduce the value?

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What would cause a blackish spot on a 2013 one ounce gold 0.9999 CML? Wasn't there just a few weeks ago? Do spots like that reduce the value? >>

May lower premium, does not reduce the gold value.

White spots on the silver maples, black spots on the gold maples, maybe green spots for the palladium maples?

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've had 5 of the things for a couple years and just noticed the black spot/area on one of them. At 0.9999 fine there shouldn't be any copper in there so what would cause the black spots? >>

Gotta be one of the alloys, most likely copper. You musta got a .9555 by mistake

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Could be a surface contaminant of some sort.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Just call it "toning"!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more