Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

question on the registry sets

How do they come up with the Grade Points and the Set Rating ? Is this an Average?image

Thanks
Walt

Comments

• Options
    BJBJ Posts: 393 mod
    Walt,

If the set is not weighted, the gpa is an average grade and the rating is acheived by multiplying that by your completion percentage. If the set is weighted, then the gpa is the grade times the weight, then a sum of all those numbers divided by the sum of the weights for the coins you have in your set. The rating is the sum of your weighted gpa divided by the TOTAL possible weights for the set. To read more about this click on the RULES link in the set registry.
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
    Set Registry & Special Projects Director
    PCGS (coins) www.pcgs.com
    PSA (cards & tickets) www.psacard.com
  • Options
    I thought you were going to go and enjoy your holiday weekend, BJ. What are you still doing here? image
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    izzy452izzy452 Posts: 929
    Thanks BJ, now all I need is to find my calculator.image

Walt
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2Lab:
      BJ is Really Looking Out For the Merc People and is Compelled to Check Us Out Every Day.image Relaxation is a Necessary Evil that Will be Learned Some Day.image
        Ken

Hey BJ: How Did You Figure the Completion Percent on the Basic Sets?? I'm Baffled on it. Getting Old but I think I can still Devide.image
      1. Options
        Ken -- What is it about the completion % you don't understand? Looks OK to me.

Love you mercury dime collectors, but my heart lies with the Buffalo nickels. Once owned a GEM 3-legged. Wish I had never sold it.
        BJ Searls
        bsearls@collectors.com
      2. Options
        BJ:
          The Basic Set has 77 Coins I have 72 of Them that Comes Out to a Completion % of 93 instead of the 90 that is showing on the Set. Checked a Couple of the Other Sets and this is True also with them. The Variety Coins are Figured in the Way it is Now. No Biggie if that is how it is Going to be Figured.image
            Ken
          1. Options
            Ah... remember, completion on the weighted sets is not a calculated the same way as non-weighted sets. Take your grades times the weight and then sum it. Then divide that number by the TOTAL sum of the weights. This should give you 90%, but if not, let me know and I'll try to find out where the program is mis-calculating.
            BJ Searls
            bsearls@collectors.com
          2. Options
            BJ:
              WOW !!image I'll be Busy.image....... Naw Its Not That Big of a Deal.image
                Thanks for the Explanation as Some May want to Check it Out. I'm too Lazy.image
                  Ken