Home Precious Metals
Options

Dollar index below 95

CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
Off two full points in last two days.

link
Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not surprising, considering the One Year Chart, is it?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    still the prettiest pig in the ugly pig contest.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

<< <i>still the prettiest pig in the ugly pig contest. >>

That is indeed how some people view their currency, their country, and maybe people and the world in general, who knows anymore.

How's the weather?

• Options

<< <i>

That is indeed how some people view their currency, their country, and maybe people and the world in general, who knows anymore.

How's the weather? >>

There you go again, promoting criticism of those who run things as being the same as criticism of what they are running. Critics might just be the true patriots. Seems they were throughout our long history. You really need to separate criticism from patriotism; it stinks of McCarthyism.

• Options
    Just going by what you wrote about the pigs. it sounded kind of negative ? wouldn't a slightly weaker dollar help US business exports?

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is gold the ugliest ? image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just going by what you wrote about the pigs. it sounded kind of negative ? wouldn't a slightly weaker dollar help US business exports? >>

Wouldn't it also make imports more expensive for American consumers?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>

Is gold the ugliest ? image >>

Just about ugly enough to buy. In the long run gold always wins a currency war.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Just going by what you wrote about the pigs. it sounded kind of negative ? wouldn't a slightly weaker dollar help US business exports? >>

Wouldn't it also make imports more expensive for American consumers? >>

It may do that as well. Is that a "good thing" or a "bad thing"?

I dunno. Just keeping the patter going. Hard to tell if we really think a thing, or am just saying it to get some readers to buy some metal?

Am I buying my metal locally or am I buying foreign made metal?

And do They take ugly pigs in payment?

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting this Capt and for derryb's comment. It got the wheels clicking and I got an interesting thought. And once this bottle of port works through my system ill post my findings. Its good stuff, at least I think so, and I believe the PM bugs will as well.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    I suspect we are getting indication that 2015 will end a lot different than it started. I still believe metals will experience some some further decline before they show any real promise.

I also think the FED is finding themselves in a pickle about their desire to raise rates. Might even result in more new money.

• Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I suspect we are getting indication that 2015 will end a lot different than it started. I still believe metals will experience some some further decline before they show any real promise.

I also think the FED is finding themselves in a pickle about their desire to raise rates. Might even result in more new money. >>

How far down do you think it will move. Im thinking we wont see sub $14 this year.

Rickards predicted last year that not only would the FED not raise rates in 2015 but we could see QE4 by Q4 2015.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options

<< <i>How far down do you think it will move. Im thinking we wont see sub $14 this year.

Rickards predicted last year that not only would the FED not raise rates in 2015 but we could see QE4 by Q4 2015. >>

I'm buying small quantities of ASEs but am holding back from buying another box until $14.50. Will I see it? Your guess is as good as mine. Markets are about to become very unpredictable as fear takes center stage.

• Options
    Might even result in more new money.

May we all get some of it! image

• Options

<< <i>Might even result in more new money.

May we all get some of it! image >>

I believe the FED finally realizes that in order to stimulate spending the money needs to get into the spenders' hands. Besides, the bankers' pockets are already overflowing.

Years ago the taxpayers all got a stimulus check which of course, was taxable income. i spent my share of the $300 on (drumroll) metals.

• Options
    I got no check

• Options

<< <i>I got no check >>

Went to those who paid their taxes. image

Economic stimulus act of 2008 So that's what started financial crisis.

Unclaimed checks