Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Value of Dan Marino Auto Card /440

I have the card below. It is a 1997 Pinnacle Inscriptions Auto of Dan Marino numbered 040/440. I cannot seem to find anything on this card value wise. Any help on what they sell for would be great. Thanks!

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 80.51% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.80% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)

Comments

• My first thought was you are one lazy bastid... but then I checked completed sales on eBay and was amazed there were none. image

I've not followed the set that closely since completing my set a year or so ago, but they were selling around $60-$70. While it's a key player in the set, the Favre and Emmitt are the real limiters with a print run around half of Marino.

Given that none have ended recently, the set is still fairly popular, and the somewhat atypically strong signature on yours (like the 1996 version, these are prone to fading)... you may be able to do better than that.

Were it me, I would put a $100 BIN with BO on it and do some fishing since you have a eBay monopoly currently.

Good luck with it!

Snorto~

P.S. On a somewhat related note... check out what Erik Kramer's 1996 Inscription autograph goes for, especially in relation to his 1997 version. image
  • Kramers value is due to someone hoarding it right? Love the acetate auto but they fade
  • brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Kramers value is due to someone hoarding it right? Love the acetate auto but they fade >>

Yup, and hopefully elsnorto isn't said hoarder. image
  • elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

<< <i>

<< <i>Kramers value is due to someone hoarding it right? Love the acetate auto but they fade >>

Yup, and hopefully elsnorto isn't said hoarder. image >>

Indeed, the 1997 are especially prone to fading. The 1996 version as well, but not as readily as 1997. They finally got it right with 1999 Score Supplemental Inscriptions though.

Alas, it wasn't me hoarding them, but Erik Kramer himself... at least at first.

I had a ton of 1996 & 1997 autos left over from building my sets and started listing them on eBay.

As soon as I put one of his 1996 autos up, he would hit the bin. I would raise the price and list another, he'd hit that.

I ran out of them at around the $30 mark unfortunately.

I always kind of wondered why, if he was trying to corner a market, he didn't go after his 1997 version instead since there were less of those made? image

Snorto~