Home Sports Talk

Red Sox shakeup has begun

pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
Dombrooski is in Cherington is out. Thats what poor moves in the off season will do for you.

Comments

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gee, I thought you had a tearful goodbye for everyone.

Did you somehow think we wouldn't learn of the ouster of Cherington?
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Why are you being such a jerk?

I know you are a sincere Red Sox fan as I am so lets try to be cordial to each other.

I predicted that Swiehart and Castillo would be great players and that we had a couple of good pitchers in the minors that could be brought up to help.

I will admit that your stats are important, I do not follow that part of the game but realize that you do, so I will not question your knowledge.

Dombrowski will somehow manage to solve the problem of fat boy and Ramirez and may get some needed pitching for next year. Hopefully!

Who is going to replace Cherington?
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am indeed a very long time Red Sox fan...as you are. Like you, I've seen Williams and Mantle play in Fenway. I have zero tolerance for players who only limp in and don't play to their full potential. Examples are many...texting to some chick while being an active player in an active game...I would have fined him a TON of money. Other dumbos forgot how many outs there were in games and fell asleep on the base paths.

The regular Joe living in the Boston area is busting his backside trying to pay for outrageously expensive tickets to see a game, or take his kid(s) to see a game. They are entitled to see a game where players play like professionals, not mail it in and act like prima donnas. Not too mention the rip off parking areas around Fenway.

My posts have been negative because the team played like a bunch of bozos in far too many games. I've included many posts by Gordon Edes, who is the ESPN Red Sox blogger....this in an attempt to inform the readers here of what a real insider is seeing in the team and what direction it's going in. My personal posts are observations of how inept the team's play has been, game after game after game...they've let too many slip away with, YES, RISPs, where a simple hit here or there would have made the difference between a win and a loss. While on the RISP topic, they went 7 for NINETEEN last night...they left 12 guys on 2nd and or 3rd. Where are the key hits?

Swihart, nor Castillo have exactly set the Fens on fire...you, OTOH made it seem like they were gonna "spark the team". They did nothing like that. Swihart got brought up too early, but the team had little choice at that point because of injuries. HanRam and the Fat guy have been D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R-S...and that's why Cherington has gotten the boot. Cherington sealed his fate when he allowed such mind-numbing salaries (guaranteed at that) to these looooooooooozers. The team is now saddled with an enormous financial burden with these two. To be fair, Cherington ain't the guy walking up to the plate. Undoubtedly he knew the axe was coming as the season progressed and their inept performance continued.

The few good players have barely saved a totally embarrassing season...one guy, making barely over $500k got to the AS game. Think about that for a minute. What Holt makes in a season, these two bozos make in about 3 days!

You are the one who left the boards because you didn't like what I posted, most of which was negative towards the team. You can't just overlook poor play and keep doing the rah rah, when in fact they are (were) just about the worst team in baseball. They are 12.5 out of first, and September is gonna crush them even more...it is what it is...and I call it like I see it. I think your comment about stats was pretty whacky (yes, I read where you now agree)...at the time I responded and not kindly. Stats are everything in baseball, every pitch, every hit, every play.

I will predict that Dombrowski will dump Farrell, regardless of his health issue. Farrell is the rope that rings the team's bell, and IMO, he hasn't been yanking on it hard enough. He's too easy going and has not pushed the players, like uber-Fatty to lose weight so he can move all that blubber fast enough. He's basically allowed Fatty to only hit left, when in fact he was hired as a power hitting switch hitter. I could go on, but I think Farrell is gonzo, but only after the season is finished.

So, if you feel personally offended, I offer my sincerest apologies for being what you have perhaps perceived as too harsh.

Let us move forward...forward to 2016, 'cause this season is long gone. Worst to worst...guaranteed.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    We always got along in the past so I see no reason we can not in the future.

I agree that the manager has to go and a strong leader has to come on board.

We shall see what happens in the next couple of months as Dombrowski gets settled in and Cherington gets moved out.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pittboss great to see you posting, don't let AL run you off, he is just old school and passionate but a good guy! Also happy to see the Red Sox ripping some of this mess down, but it might take more than Cherrington getting ousted.