Home Sports Talk
Options

Civil suit filed against Tony Stewart

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just announced today. The family has filed a wrongful death suit against Tony for the track death of that young driver. The courts ruled that he was not negligent in a criminal way. Will be interesting to see where this winds up. I give him the benefit of the doubt for now of his innocence. But if he loses this case and pays up without a fight, I will reverse my decision. For if he is truly innocent of any wrongdoing he should not pay up. Paying up can be construed by some as ones guilt. I harken back to the OJ case.
Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Stewart shouldn't have even been near that track.
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Stewart shouldn't have even been near that track. >>

I respectfully disagree. You never knew where he was going to show up when his schedule would allow. A NY or PA dirt or paved track. The buzz was amazing.

I was just reminiscing today with a friend about how cool it was when NASCAR drivers would race at various local tacks when they were in the area. Doesn't happen anymore.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    Weed in his system and ran out on to the track during a live race? Yeah that will go over well in court.
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭✭
    personally I thing judges should inflict upon the plaintiff and the ambulance chasing lawyers a massive civil fine to those who promote this crap.

At the very least award the defendant his legal fees should he win.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The person who is responsible for that drivers death is that driver who ran out onto an active race track shouting and waving his fists.

If he hadn't ran onto the track he would not have gotten hit.

Does anyone seriously think Tony Stewart hit him on purpose?

JMHO, GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is absolutely insane. You get out of your car on a race track during a race........bad things can happen!

If the judge doesn't throw this out.......he is a idiot!!!!