Home Precious Metals

APMEX flash sale. ASE's $2.99 over, any quantity, free shipping

Just throwing it out there as I just got the email.
@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.

Comments

• gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Me too, is $3 over a good deal?
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Me too, is $3 over a good deal? >>

Today? Maybe. Another day? Maybe not.
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭

About the cheapest I've seen anywhere with free shipping over $99.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

It's not a good deal, it's a great deal, for Apmex of course...
    keceph `anah
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    Meh.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    If he's asking a question, it's why?
    If he's making a statement, it's no!
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>100 oz RCM bar 99 cents over spot >>

Good deal when you factor in mr rebates and cc rebate.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Is it safe to say that these are probably not fresh coins? I know to some it doesn't matter, but to others, they prefer fresh rolls that have not been cherry picked.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw these for either .59 or .79 over last week.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

<< <i>Is it safe to say that these are probably not fresh coins? I know to some it doesn't matter, but to others, they prefer fresh rolls that have not been cherry picked. >>

Why would large dealers be cherrypicking common bullion this time of year? Most do their bulk submitting early on to get First Strike, etc.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Is it safe to say that these are probably not fresh coins? I know to some it doesn't matter, but to others, they prefer fresh rolls that have not been cherry picked. >>

Why would large dealers be cherrypicking common bullion this time of year? Most do their bulk submitting early on to get First Strike, etc. >>

Are slabbed MS70's still bringing a premium?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

<< <i>

I saw these for either .59 or .79 over last week. >>

Where did you see them? I'd like to pick one up. I always liked the RCM silver bars.

I think it was JM.

I like the RCM 100 oz also.

• << <i>

Why would large dealers be cherrypicking common bullion this time of year? Most do their bulk submitting early on to get First Strike, etc. >>

Greed? Who knows? People do funny things when it comes to money.

I do know that a friend bought 100 from them recently. Condition-wise, he said they were some of the roughest eagles he ever purchased from them. He felt they had been picked through. That's the only reason I said anything in this thread.

<< <i>

<< <i>

I do know that a friend bought 100 from them recently. Condition-wise, he said they were some of the roughest eagles he ever purchased from them. He felt they had been picked through. That's the only reason I said anything in this thread. >>

Were the coins out of order as in not all heads or all tails? Seems to me that if they were looking for 70s that there should be a lot of nice 69s still left. To me it makes no sense to call attention to yourself by selling "culls" at a discount when there are some who would never know because they don't open the rolls. It's possible that the mint may have had a stretch run where quality was a little lower. As you know, APMEX also packages a lot of single coins in flips. It's possible that while repackaging into flips they separated out any flawed coins and just retubed those. Better to hide them in rolls where they may not be seen than to put them in flips where they WILL be seen.

If you asked them whether they searched rolls, I doubt they'd tell you and you might not believe what they did tell you.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I do know that a friend bought 100 from them recently. Condition-wise, he said they were some of the roughest eagles he ever purchased from them. He felt they had been picked through. That's the only reason I said anything in this thread. >>

Were the coins out of order as in not all heads or all tails? Seems to me that if they were looking for 70s that there should be a lot of nice 69s still left. To me it makes no sense to call attention to yourself by selling "culls" at a discount when there are some who would never know because they don't open the rolls. It's possible that the mint may have had a stretch run where quality was a little lower. As you know, APMEX also packages a lot of single coins in flips. It's possible that while repackaging into flips they separated out any flawed coins and just retubed those. Better to hide them in rolls where they may not be seen than to put them in flips where they WILL be seen.

If you asked them whether they searched rolls, I doubt they'd tell you and you might not believe what they did tell you. >>

He said the coins were in order, but since they were so flawed, that is what made him believe they were picked through. I suppose if you didn't want to tip off your buyer and make it obvious, you probably would put them back in order.

From what I gather, when he contacted them, they told him if he wanted guaranteed sealed rolls from the Mint, that they sold those too. I guess that comment could be taken anyway a person wants to take it.

Like you said, it's hard to know what to believe. I personally wish the Mint would just plastic seal the lid on each roll like the way medicine is done so a person would know for sure if they had been opened.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

If you asked them whether they searched rolls, I doubt they'd tell you and you might not believe what they did tell you. >>

He said the coins were in order, but since they were so flawed, that is what made him believe they were picked through. I suppose if you didn't want to tip off your buyer and make it obvious, you probably would put them back in order.

From what I gather, when he contacted them, they told him if he wanted guaranteed sealed rolls from the Mint, that they sold those too. I guess that comment could be taken anyway a person wants to take it.

Like you said, it's hard to know what to believe. I personally wish the Mint would just plastic seal the lid on each roll like the way medicine is done so a person would know for sure if they had been opened. >>

Another board member AcesCracked talked about getting rolls with some coins "out of order" and wondered if they were searched.

APMEX does sell "mint direct" sealed rolls which are as they came from the MB or so they say. I would think it a bit unusual to get several rolls with all scrapers tho. As I said they could also be a little pickier about the coins they sell as singles too.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Like you said, it's hard to know what to believe. I personally wish the Mint would just plastic seal the lid on each roll like the way medicine is done so a person would know for sure if they had been opened. >>

Another board member AcesCracked talked about getting rolls with some coins "out of order" and wondered if they were searched.

APMEX does sell "mint direct" sealed rolls which are as they came from the MB or so they say. I would think it a bit unusual to get several rolls with all scrapers tho. As I said they could also be a little pickier about the coins they sell as singles too. >>

Interesting. I will pass the info to my buddy when I see him tomorrow.

Selling their better quality singles makes sense too. Like most any other business, I figure they probably cut corners in some areas, and capitalize on others, when possible.
    HTF they demand a premium on culls? I do not like that at all! Thank you for opening my eyes ~ makes me like AGE's even more.
    Avid collector of GSA's.

<< <i>HTF they demand a premium on culls? I do not like that at all! Thank you for opening my eyes ~ makes me like AGE's even more. >>

You/we don't know for a fact that the coins are culls. The same coins could be in a mint direct tube and you'd never know it unless you opened them. If twere me, I'd at least put some nice ones in the roll/s. There are other places that DO identify them as "scrapers", etc.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    31.1 g is all I ask for

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>31.1 g is all I ask for >>

Yes and Christmas rounds are as good to meimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.

• << <i>

<< <i>HTF they demand a premium on culls? I do not like that at all! Thank you for opening my eyes ~ makes me like AGE's even more. >>

You/we don't know for a fact that the coins are culls. The same coins could be in a mint direct tube and you'd never know it unless you opened them. If twere me, I'd at least put some nice ones in the roll/s. There are other places that DO identify them as "scrapers", etc. >>

I viewed the coins today when we were over at my buddy's house for lunch. I wouldn't necessarily call them culls, but I would say the majority of them did look like cherry picked left overs, or either the Mint quality control missed a good amount of nicked and spotted coins. My buddy did say this was the first ones he got from them that were of this lesser quality. He said he usually had good luck buying from them in the past.

Like you said, there could be coins that look just the same in those Mint direct tubes, and no one would know the difference if they left them sealed.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

The key to buying bullion is to not care what it looks like. One ounce is the same as any other

<< <i>The key to buying bullion is to not care what it looks like. One ounce is the same as any other >>

I agree when you are buying close to melt but $3 per ounce over spot isn't close to spot and at that price I want to get something that is halfway decent.

<< <i>The key to buying bullion is to not care what it looks like. One ounce is the same as any other >>

Until you go to sell and find out that the next buyer is more persnickety about the coins than you were. Now you're on the hook for coins that are chitty thru no fault of your own. As I indicated, there could be several reasons why that particular shipment had so many rough coins in it.

<< <i>

Until you go to sell and find out that the next buyer is more persnickety about the coins than you were. t. >>

Then just wait for the next buyer?

20% premiums now? Silliness.

<< <i>

<< <i>

Until you go to sell and find out that the next buyer is more persnickety about the coins than you were. t. >>

20% premiums now? Silliness. >>

Kinda hard to wait for the next buyer if you've shipped them out.

<< <i>

<< <i>

LOLOLOLOLOL!!

THIS is silliness!

<< <i>

<< <i>

LOLOLOLOLOL!!

THIS is silliness!
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Good deal when you factor in mr rebates and cc rebate. >>

Just rec'd mine. Man this thing is sweet. I love it.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole