Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

ANA Roll Call

ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
Negotiated with wife a trip to Chicago, found a cheap flight/hotel and will be there Wednesday-Saturday noon.
I am thrilled! If anyone else is coming in please holler !

Comments

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See you there!
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    AtlascoinAtlascoin Posts: 40 ✭✭
    We'll be there. Come say hello!
  • Options
    CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭
    Table #1740.
    https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see the treasures you come back with.
    Have fun!!
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be there August 13-14 😊
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Man, I really don't know if I can come by this year. This whole week of all weeks is so screwy with kiddo back to school, work and obligations I do not know if I can get up there, much less spend any money, ha ha.
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    Will be there Tuesday to Friday
  • Options
    Dennis - email me when there would be happy to say hellos.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Definitely need to see photos image

I ended up leaving the studio where I've been for the past two years, to open my own place down the street. So it's a great thing and exciting, but also requires me to be present to (1) move my stuff and (2) sign lease papers, write checks, etc.

So yeah I'll be missing the convention. Sucks but what can you do. Business gets in the way of business sometimes image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    Correction - will be there Thursday-Saturday noon. Anyone planning to attend and wanting to meet PM me.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Lochness- Best wishes with the Studio

As for those going to the ANA, try and make a trip out to Wrigley Field.

I don't know if Berghoff's is still open... it was quite the German Restaurant back in the day

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish I could attend.
    I bet summer ANA is spectacular fun!
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Berghoff's is still open. Wrigley is a great time and if you are traveling with kids, I would argue that US Cellular for the White Sox is even more kid friendly. As far as food is concerned, there are so many good places to eat in Chicago that I can not even begin to tell you. Don't settle for the convention oriented places next to the actual convention hall. They are overpriced and a shadow of the experience downtown. There are tons of music and theater venues too in case you like live music, comedy or shows. Tickets are usually pretty affordable. A recommendation if you plan on going to Chicago proper is to use the parking app called ParkWhiz. You can punch in your venue address or name and it will give you all available and mostly pre-pay parking with the prices and distances to venue. It is great for people who do not know the city well so you just do not get frustrated and park at the first place you see which usually means that you will pay upwards of $25 plus hourly. There are a lot of $8, $10 and $20 total deals on there. I live here and use it frequently.