Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Seeking some advise on a yard sale tomorrow. . . . .

I'm not really into yard sales, but my father-in-law is setting up and I'm bringing a lot of junk over to mainly move out for a dollar or less. I have a bunch of junk wax (late eighties baseball) cello boxes and am wondering if any members here have tried selling these by the pack at a yard sale.....or if you've encountered anyone doing so. I'm thinking about trying to get 0.50/pack or $1/pack. figure a yard sale may be the best way to move this stuff since shipping is terrible for junk wax.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    Had a garage sale a few weeks ago and contemplated the same thing with some early 90s OPC hockey. Put a few boxes out on a table. A kid came by early on and asked about them. He was with his dad, and his dad had given him a $2 to spend. I quickly made the 3 boxes for 2 dollars deal and let my wife handle the rest of the day.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I wouldnt even bother selling by the pack.....put a few bucks a box on it and get rid of it.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wouldnt even bother selling by the pack.....put a few bucks a box on it and get rid of it. >>

+1
  • Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    it's a yard sale - nothing should cost more than $5

Put $3/box on that junk, and whatever doesn't sell throw in the garbage

it costs you more to move it and put prices on it than it's even worth, if you value your time at anything more than nothing
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    donate to a kid organization. take the deduction.

win. win.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Still have some junk left...but sold 40 PSA 6 to 8 1989s for $100 to one guy, lol.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Still have some junk left...but sold 40 PSA 6 to 8 1989s for $100 to one guy, lol. >>

Is that way over market value?

I'm not familiar with 89 Topps baseball, but that would seem a strong price, unless HOFers were included.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Tim, I'm pretty sure they are extras from his 89 hockey project.
    Steve
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Tim, I'm pretty sure they are extras from his 89 hockey project. >>

You're right, Steve~I'm always assuming baseball, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Tim, I'm pretty sure they are extras from his 89 hockey project. >>

That would have been my guess
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    I think you should have sold those PSA 1989 cards to 40 different collectors. It just seems unfair that one guy got them all. Everybody should have a fair chance.
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

<< <i>I think you should have sold those PSA 1989 cards to 40 different collectors. It just seems unfair that one guy got them all. Everybody should have a fair chance. >>

+1

And you should have put them online in your Etsy store to give people not attending the yard sale in person a chance.

Snorto~
  • Options
    Yeah...the hockey cards. They were my really bad ones ranging from PSA 6 to 8.

<< <i>I think you should have sold those PSA 1989 cards to 40 different collectors. It just seems unfair that one guy got them all. Everybody should have a fair chance. >>

Lol...I don't think there are 40 people collecting this set, but, man that'd be cool if there were!

• Options

<< <i>

+1

And you should have put them online in your Etsy store to give people not attending the yard sale in person a chance.

Snorto~ >>

They went there first!