Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

RIP Rowdy Piper

Comments

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
    He was always one of my favorites. WWF used to do events here a lot in the 80s, glad I got to see him wrestle a few times in person. RIP.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP
  • Options
    I was a big fan. RIP, brother.
  • Options
    RIP The Rowdy one. My favorite all-time wrestler! I saw him at Boston Garden many times in my lifetime. Thanks for the greats matches and Pipers pit!
  • Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭
    Very sad.

He was on a recent (I believe it was) "Storage Wars", to give an opinion on the value of a kilt.

I always liked the heels who were over the top with their tongue in their cheek. Piper and Honky Tonk Man were my favorites in that regard.

Again, very sad. Only 61. TMZ reporting that he died of a heart attack in his sleep.
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sucks.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Wow. This was shocking. Another icon lost recently.
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    He was also just on the Rich Eisen show last week. Too bad. image
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    61 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too young to pass away, even for a wrestler. RIP Hot Rod.

Wonder if Rousey will do some sort of tribute to him tomorrow?
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. He was always one of my favorites as well. Just saw him on an episode of Friends of the People. RIP Rowdy one.
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Wow this was surprising. I was also a big Piper fan. His match in wrestle mania iii was one of my favorites. I didn't realize how influential he was in making wrestling as popular as it was in the 80s. He was the main heel in leading up to wrestlemania 1. If this feud didn't work the. Wrestling might not had taken off the way it did. RIP
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    Sad news. He was the ultimate heel when I was really into wrestling. Just got this back from PSA last week, happy to have it in my collection

• Options
    I scanned a few more Piper items. So wild to just one afternoon read on the internet he is dead.

• Options
    Stadium1978Stadium1978 Posts: 173 ✭✭

• Options

<< <i>image

image >>

That came out great!!!

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    Sad news

The hot rod will be missed
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    damn.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>image

image >>

That came out great!!! >>

I agree that it turned out awesome, that would have been sweet signed. RIP Mr. Piper.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just when you thought you knew all the answers...he changed all the questions. RIP

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    unreal...i just saw his live interview a few days ago...a bit incoherent but the same ol character...opinionated about the hulkster (he defended his friend which the interviewer really didn't want to hear), huge supporter of rhonda rousey, gave her his blessing to use rowdy rhonda rousey, and said a lot of words that prob shouldn't have made it on the airwaves, ......what a character from my childhood....
    so a few days ago he was in great spirits, seemed very happy and in no pain...RIP
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    God rest his soul. May he never again run out of bubble gum.
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definition of the term "Heat Machine" during his Oct 1980 - Aug 1982 heel run in Mid Atlantic and Georgia Championship Wrestling. They matched him against Jack Brisco, Wahoo, Steamboat, Flair, Michael Hayes, Tommy Rich and fans ate it up. Turned him face in Aug 1982 after the fan knife stabbing and still crazy popular. Big time loss image
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    When I was a wrestling fan in my younger days, I enjoyed Piper's antics and he was classic in They Live. RIP.
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
  • Options
    It was nice to see WWE show a few pics with Hogan in them on the tribute just moments ago. Their feud was so important to the success of the wrestling business and The Piper's Pit with Andre laid the ground work for the largest wrestling event ever.

• Options

<< <i>image >>

Heard about Snukas stomach getting worked on today in hopes of getting rid of the cancer,hope
    it went well for him.
    In AL we trust