Home Precious Metals
Options

Silver " will be heading up back toward the $40-$50 region within the next three to five years&

2»

Comments

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, I too was extremely busy at 40+ silver. It just kept coming in a going out.

Funny story, last week guy I used to do business with came in to sell a little scrap jewelry, hadn't seen him since $35+ silver. He won 77k on scratch ticket a few years back and put all the money into silver . he told me he had wished he had sold it , as its now worth less than half he paid and he is now broke, and cant hold it

jim
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I agree, I too was extremely busy at 40+ silver. It just kept coming in a gong out.

Funny story, last week guy I used to do business with came in to sell a little scrap jewelry, hadn't seen him since $35+ silver. He won 77k on scratch ticket a few years back and put all the money into silver . he told me he had wished he had sold it , as its now worth less than half he paid and he is now broke, and cant hold it

jim >>

Ouch. That is why I always tell people that gold and silver are long term investments, and that you could be holding for 5 to 10 years. With that being said when silver hits $40 again I will be selling.

For me it's been a nice way to save. I have never been very good at holding cash, so investing in stocks, sports cards, and gold or silver helps me save a lot.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Market dynamics are not applicable when you have central banks (and bullion banks) that can overpower supply and demand for months or even years at a time. >>

Post of the week. This is what many refuse to accept or simply do not understand. Any other market besides PM's and criminal charges would be in the news. If the Hunt brothers had been a government agency or acting on behalf of one, they would have died trillionaires. >>

If that's the post of the week I nonminate yours for worst of the year...
    There is pretty much a known quantity of gold, if anyone really demanded it all, was then price would go up, what you dont understand is that demand is not there it's obvious...
    this is why when these hedgies are doomed when others smell blood, they will bury anyone, hunts were on leverage or you could call them the original hedge fund...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought plenty of silver at $45 . But I've bought 3 times as much at $15.
    I bought plenty of gold at $1900, and I've bought twice as much at $1000.

Wish I could keep it. I bet prospectors, assayers, miners and others wish they could, too.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Think Apple. Who doesn't own it? >>

If you're talking the fruit, I own some all the time.....and eat them everyday.

If you're talking about Apple the company, I've never owned it. Never owned an Apple product of any sort. Zilch. Nada. I guess that makes me as rare as the guy who bought silver at $50/oz and still owns it all....lol. But, at least you found me. Now go find the (lone?) guy who owns silver at $50/oz. image

I suspect if I polled the people on my street I'd find at least 30% who "don't own Apple"....maybe even more. In Baleyville it might be closer to 00.44%. In Botswana may be 90%. I suspect over half the world doesn't own Apple.

At the end of 2013 only 14% of US families owned Apple stock. 30% owned cats. >>

Again, lack of knowledge of market dynamics. If one does not already own an apple product or its stock, they may never. Any incremental increase in either will be negligible.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Market dynamics are not applicable when you have central banks (and bullion banks) that can overpower supply and demand for months or even years at a time. >>

Post of the week. This is what many refuse to accept or simply do not understand. Any other market besides PM's and criminal charges would be in the news. If the Hunt brothers had been a government agency or acting on behalf of one, they would have died trillionaires. >>

... >>

I gotta agree with rt. Why do PM'ers think the markets are so stupid? Or that they are smarter than the markets?

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

... >>

I gotta agree with rt. Why do PM'ers think the markets are so stupid? Or that they are smarter than the markets? >>

Weak pair. We need Baley to make it three of a kind.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'll use another forum member's sig line for this......"You've been warned" >>

"You've been ignored" image >>

lmao, indeed.
  • Options
    3 of a kind beats a pair of jack--- all the time. Lol

Fundamentals don't matter anymore, the game is rigged....nothing more than pompous ignorance.

PM investors are now no better than the stock investors from the last decade...and the PM'ers ridiculed that lot to death. So much hypocrisy. Very comical.

• Options
    3 of a kind beats a pair of jack--- all the time. Lol

Fundamentals don't matter anymore, the game is rigged....nothing more than pompous ignorance.

PM investors are now no better than the stock investors from the last decade...and the PM'ers ridiculed that lot to death. So much hypocrisy. Very comical

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I'll use another forum member's sig line for this......"You've been warned" >>

"You've been ignored" image >>

lmao, indeed. >>

Hey, that's not very nice. Good thing I'm a big boy and can take it. image
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options

<< <i>I bought plenty of silver at $45 . But I've bought 3 times as much at $15.
    I bought plenty of gold at $1900, and I've bought twice as much at $1000. >>

So your treading water, good exercise....
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

... >>

I gotta agree with rt. Why do PM'ers think the markets are so stupid? Or that they are smarter than the markets? >>

Weak pair. We need Baley to make it three of a kind. >>

LMFAO, of course certain denizens of this board are smarter than the markets, and the rest of us poor dumb sheep! They're also, apparently, according to the implicit and explicit claims in their posts, smarter than the governors of the Federal reserve board, smarter than any and all captains of industry, smarter than university professors, and far far smarter than anyone working for the government.

We're fortunate they share their wisdom with us while they wait patiently for the rest of us to catch up with where metals "should be" price wise image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    If you just got an email from apmex, it's a sure sign silver gonna get lambasted, this time around in a liquidity crunch they have people willing to pony up ungodly premiums on a false premise, So ya gotta go where the buck demands and collect on the Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Precious metals speaking, if you're not paying somewhat of an "ungodly premium", you haven't bought much in awhile.
    Why people are still so in love with ASE's is something I don't think i'll ever understand. Local dealers are wanting $4-4.50 over right now, but yet they'll sell a fairly common style E-hard bar for $1 over. Is there really a decision to be made there?
    The underlying problem in the last 6 months is having any real quantity to offer of either.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    Premiums are high because sellers are in the hole.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    Premiums are high because sellers are in the hole.

Oh really, is that why?
    Being in the hole and realizing a loss (because of actually selling) I'd hope you'd agree are 2 entirely different things.
  • Options

<< <i>Premiums are high because sellers are in the hole.

Oh really, is that why?
    Being in the hole and realizing a loss (because of actually selling) I'd hope you'd agree are 2 entirely different things. >>

Yeah. One requires you to live in fantasy land.

• Options

<< <i>

Oh really, is that why?
    Being in the hole and realizing a loss (because of actually selling) I'd hope you'd agree are 2 entirely different things. >>

Yeah. One requires you to live in fantasy land. >>

Yes to see the Hookah Smoking Caterpillar...
    keceph `anah
  • Options

Oh really, is that why?

Many silver sellers are bailing out of their investment (at a loss) in the face of continued falling prices. They are seeking a higher premium to reduce their loss. The market is tolerating this as none of them will buck the high premium trend. If a major seller starts selling ASE'S at a $1 over spot for any length of time other sellers will be forced to match price if they want to reduce inventory. Being in the hole and realizing a loss is a very common occurrence in today's PM markets. They are not two entirely different things, premiums are high because sellers are in the hole.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    "...premiums are high because sellers are in the hole. "

As are the buyers of PMs over the last several years.
    Realized loses or not...they are still loses.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had folks right here on this forum actually wishing for lower prices, so they could buy even more silver with their dollars.

congratulations! image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    Many silver sellers are bailing out of their investment (at a loss) in the face of continued falling prices. They are seeking a higher premium to reduce their loss

The great all knowing derryb has spoken, so it must be true. No study to prove the findings, just an opinion of current sentiment, just as we all have. So basically it's meaningless without actual proof. When will people realize here that just because it's what you think or are doing, it doesn't mean that that's what the sentiment is? I've been proving it for 6 years here now.

And I disagree that being in the hole and realizing the loss when the physical is actually sold being the same as suggested. It is not a loss til sold for a loss, simple as that. Patience trumps desperateness each and every time.
  • Options
    It is not a loss til sold for a loss, simple as that

So how is the smoking caterpillar these days?

I guess the people on Malaysian 370 are not dead until their bodies are found.

• Options
    It is not a loss til sold for a loss, simple as that

So how is the smoking caterpillar these days?

I guess the people on Malaysian 370 are not dead until their bodies are found.

Wow, can't believe someone of your self appointed high king, all knowing status can't figure this out.
    Because of what I already said...Patience trumps desperateness each and every time.

If a person underwater sells, they have realized the loss.
    If a person underwater doesn't sell and holds til a time when they at least break even or possibly even profit, which is entirely realistic given circumstances that would provoke such action, did they take a loss? Patience trumps desperateness each and every time.

If you were saying that the money tied up in the underwater investment could be used elsewhere to potentially, (not guaranteed) reap a gain, I could see your point. But you're not saying that.

And I also find your comparison extremely disrespectful to the families of the 370 passengers. Have you ever heard of closure? There is nothing at this point that absolutely proves those people are dead, even with the finding of part of the wing that is supposedly from the plane in question. The validity of that is in question as I'm sure you've heard. The Malaysian govt. are the only ones saying that because they are desperate for closure. People with "cold eyes" to the matter strongly disagree. The plane went MISSING...no evidence of a crash that killed anyone.
  • Options
    I guess you shared the caterpillars hookah. Lol

An alcoholic is not an alcoholic until he realizes it?

And I fully understand why you can't figure this out. image

• Options
    And I fully understand why you can't figure this out

That's a very presumptuous and ASSuming statement to make of anyone not knowing a single thing about them other than what's said on a message board on occasion. I'll end my commenting on "loss/in a hole" views there so this thread can resume discussion of its main topic.
  • Options
    You forgot the little winky guy. image

So to get back to the thread. Silver at 45 in 3 years means it went up 50% a year for 3 straight years.

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once enough silver gets traded at current levels , the premiums will start to come down. Folks, dealers were in it too high with the recent drop down , they have to try and get a higher premium to get closer to base line.

People around here are ready starting to question and wait, I bought 4 10 oz bars yesterday at 15.00 oz , several folks called , and I offered them at 16, and everybody but one barked at the price. I sold 1 bar