Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

"Tall" and "Sweet" Rollercoaster Rip

Thought this was a rip worthy of its own thread. It was quite the ride.

I think the 76 packs were OK. I opened one and...BOOM!!!

Unfortunately Walter was the gum card, and I couldn't see it thru the top before opening. Also got a Too Tall!

Both have bottom left corner touches, and the Walter obviously has a nasty ST...but other than that quite nice. And to get both of these from my first ever 76FB rip was just awesome. My giddiness is holding back any disappointment, and greatly aided by the fact the pack was only $50.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.

Comments

• Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    Not bad for $50, hell I'd pay $60 for the Walter Payton lol.

But in all seriousness, those are very nice cards.
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Jim,

Congrats on the rip! Definitely worth its own thread. That is a beautiful front to the Payton RC. Any chance the gum will come off?
    Steve
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    Very nice. Congrats
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screw the corner and screw the stain. Dude, you just pulled a Sweetness RC from a pack. If I were you I'd be so drunk right now. Oh, and that boxer you pulled wasn't too shabby, either.

Congrats of the highest order, Jim. This may propel you to incorrigible ripper status!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    WTG Jim ... Thanks for sharing. That Sweetness card looks great! Get it in a slab with no qualifiers and it will look amazing.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pull! I would slab it with a qualifier~you may get a PSA 9 (ST) which I think would hold more value than a straight 6.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice pull! I would slab it with a qualifier~you may get a PSA 9 (ST) which I think would hold more value than a straight 6. >>

Thanks guys. Great rush.

If I sub it, I think I'm ok with the Q since it's a gum stain on back and the card presents beautifully otherwise.

I've already fielded a few good offers on it raw, but I'm leaning towards keeping it.

I like it a lot.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    sweetness!!!

there ya go, jim....hopefully makes up for that cabbie!

edit: keep her. a great story & conversation piece for years to come.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've already fielded a few good offers on it raw, but I'm leaning towards keeping it.

I like it a lot. >>

I totally concur with begsu. Gotta keep it, J. Decades from now, someone is going to stumble across this card and ask your son where he got it because they had heard about this Payton guy and how good he once was. Then it starts. "Well, there's actually a story behind this card. Many years ago my dad..."

Someone could give you four times what you paid for that pack and it wouldn't be worth it.