Home U.S. Coin Forum

Stack's neverending emails.......

DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have never purchased anything from Stack's nor have I ever reached out to them for catalogues or coin inquiries.

Yet, I constantly receive their email solicitations.

I have 'unsubscribed' their emails at least 3 times in the last month (and a few more times in the past year) and I STILL receive their SPAM emails.

I'm feeling very frustrated with this company.

Quite honestly, I have very little regard for this company.

I will NEVER do business with this outfit.
"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)

Comments

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have u called them to ask that the emails stop?
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    whenever I get emails regularly from a source I don't want, I set up my email program to automatically filter such emails into my spam filter. I'd imagine having "stacksbowers" in your filter would do that just for you.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rumor is they merged email lists from bowers & teletrade with stacks and thus stacksbowers current email list was born
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may want to find the contact page on their web site and send an email as high up as you can. Enclose this link to the Can-Spam-Act: LINK
    Noting this paragraph:

Unsubscribe compliance[edit]
    A visible and operable unsubscribe mechanism is present in all emails.
    Consumer opt-out requests are honored within 10 business days.[8]
    Opt-out lists also known as Suppression lists are only used for compliance purposes.

Let them know that they are breaking the law and one further piece of email from them will trigger a formal complaint to the FTC.

• CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Previously, you actually had to reply to their e-mails to unsubscribe, which was problematic
    for me for technical reasons I won't go into, so I was pretty ecstatic when I finally noticed an
    "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of their e-mails about a week ago.

But, of course, a week later I'm still receiving their unwanted spam. Unsubscribe seems to
    work as well as anything else they do. image
  • A month ago, I sent a written letter asking to be taken off their mailing lists (e-mail and regular mail). A week ago I received a couple of their catalogs in the mail and I still receive near-daily e-mails. When I receive an e-mail, I click "unsubscribe" at the bottom and it says I've been unsubscribed. However, I don't think that feature does anything because I will receive another e-mail in the next day or so. It may be something we just gotta live with image
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you fully close and permanently cancel your account these emails stop.
  • BrolBrol Posts: 266 ✭✭
    I actually have a problem with emails from ANA. I canceled my membership, changed preferences online, but still receive like 5 emails a week, I even cannot delete my online account. Of course all emails goes to spam folder , but still annoying. They send me regular mail too with membership fees due.
    I bought from stacks only once and they still sending their auction catalogs, even though I emailed them and asked to stop. Now i even do not open mail with stacks address, everything goes to garbage.

• BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I "junk mail" mine and can look at the ones I want to before trashing all emails in that folder.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    I think its a pretty minor annoyance and much better than telemarketing calls.

May I suggest the use of this device?

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i unsubscribe from all of these types of emails, i simply end up with too many and so i dont seem biased towards one firm or another for purchases/sales, they all get

removed. several were unsolicited.

easy peasy lemon squeezy. image

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually buy from them occasionally if it is a coin I want. I rarely get emails from them.
    Maybe they are trying to annoy you into buying something. image

Buy something cheap and see if it stops.
  • DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thanks to the 'higher ups' of Stack's who promptly and efficiently took care of this matter.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think its a pretty minor annoyance and much better than telemarketing calls.

May I suggest the use of this device?

image >>

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file