Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What other professionals who can do what Paul Montgomery does?

bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see this get resolved.

I don't see how a 1892-CC $20 could be valued at $700, regardless of its condition.

An 1892-CC Liberty Double Eagle, sold by PCA to Pereida for $12,500 and graded by PCI as MS62, was valued by Heritage at $2,600 and only AU, valued by Montgomery at $700 because it was damaged and given also given no grade by PCGS because of an noticeable scratch on the coin.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is interesting to note that the Coins Weekly article is not authored or credited to an author. The article certainly wasn't proofread before publishing, as evidenced by the last line of the article.
    "To find a PNG coin dealer have a loot at the PNG website." image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd have a tough time buying from someone named Delluniversita. . I'd much rather buy something from Mr. Ford Lincoln Mercury.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What was this stockbroker thinking ? >>

Buy Low and Sell High?
  • Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    Interesting story to say the least but I see this as no more of a crime than a dealers offering to buy said coins from the little old widow woman for the same amount.

So the moral of the story is you can buy coins for 15 cents on the dollar but you can't mark them up? The experts could not even agree on the value.

I am not saying it is right to rip off, but where is the imagineary line drawn on profit?
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, does he declare bankruptcy now and the plaintiff get's ------ what??
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    AngryTurtleAngryTurtle Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am not saying it is right to rip off, but where is the imagineary line drawn on profit? >>

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one one TV, but it may be intentionally misleading grading, rather than excessive profit margin (as you rightly point out, whats that?) that did them in in the eyes of the Court. OF course if so then you have the issue of grading being a subjective opinion. Perhaps if the claimed grades deviate too far from the consensus its no longer subjective?
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not to defend the fraudsters running PCI at that point, but who the hell drops $700k on coins without knowing a damn thing about 'em?? Idiots! >>

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file