Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Tom Reynolds Collection of Large Cents

Lisa and I have known Tom since 1993, and this is some tremendous Large Cent eye candy.

Comments

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Link? Are you talking about a specific Registry Set you can link to?
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    Does he have any 1798 large cents in his collection? imageimage
  • Options
    Are any of these the ones that were stolen and then offered by Stacks Bowers at auction?
  • Options
    NicNic Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where and when?
  • Options

<< <i>Where and when? >>

Not too long ago
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Where and when? >>

Not too long ago >>

Wow, what a story! I wonder if there is any update on that.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Where and when? >>

Not too long ago >>

Wow, what a story! I wonder if there is any update on that. >>

OUCH!

Im sure there is more to this story... I cant imagine stacks would sell "stolen" items without being given a green light from their lawyers for whatever reason.
    it would only come back to bite them in the backside.
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remembered when that theft occurred, but never saw the story that some allegedly appeared in the Stack's auction.

Anyway, back to the original topic.....I view his magnificent inventory whenever he is at a show I'm attending, and have bought a few coins
    from him over the years. I didn't know he had a personal collection though, but I can imagine it's splendid indeed!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This story was a few years ago. What happened to those 59 pieces?

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    halfcentmanhalfcentman Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭
    These are pieces from his private collection, and they will be on display a the ANA in a couple of weeks at the Goldberg's table per their CW ad.
  • Options
    NicNic Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>These are pieces from his private collection, and they will be on display a the ANA in a couple of weeks at the Goldberg's table per their CW ad. >>

His Classic cents? I will look for them at ANA.
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Im sure there is more to this story... I cant imagine stacks would sell "stolen" items without being given a green light from their lawyers for whatever reason. it would only come back to bite them in the backside. >>

I can only imagine one scenario where an attorney would greenlight this - documentation describing the stolen coins was received and didn't match what they were selling - can there be any other explanation?
  • Options
    dadamsdadams Posts: 376 ✭✭✭

<< <i>These are pieces from his private collection, and they will be on display a the ANA in a couple of weeks at the Goldberg's table per their CW ad. >>

The Tom Reynold's Collection of U.S. Large Cents 1793-1814
    To be sold in two parts Jan 31, 2016 and Sept 4, 2016

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file