Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Question about the 2015 Nigh Relief American Liberty Gold Coin---Anyone keeping the delivery package

PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
How many of you are going to keep your coins sealed in the original packaging? I remember similar mint issues with a quick sell out where dealers were paying a premium for sets in the sealed shipping box. Presumably the coins in the sealed box weren't already picked over and there was the chance of a MS70 coin in the box. If you're a collector and want to keep this coin for your collection then you should by all means open the package and enjoy your coin. But, if you bought this coin as an investment/speculation and will be flipping it in the future, do you plan on keeping it sealed in the original shipping box?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Comments

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How many of you are going to keep your coins sealed in the original packaging? I remember similar mint issues with a quick sell out where dealers were paying a premium for sets in the sealed shipping box. Presumably the coins in the sealed box weren't already picked over and there was the chance of a MS70 coin in the box. If you're a collector and want to keep this coin for your collection then you should by all means open the package and enjoy your coin. But, if you bought this coin as an investment/speculation and will be flipping it in the future, do you plan on keeping it sealed in the original shipping box? >>

I may try to get a second coin when orders open again like they have for other issues. (Bad CC cards, etc.) If I speculate on a second coin, I'll open that one for my collection and keep my primary, FS eligible. One will get opened for my collection in any event. Any additional I may buy will stay sealed.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you do plan to hold to sell, it is better to keep them sealed. Just write what is in the box on the outside and don't remove the labels.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll probably keep my package sealed for at least awhile since I bought it primarily as an investment. I definitely will make sure to put a label on the box identifying the contents of the box. Is there normally a time limit to submit coins to PCGS to get the first strike designation on the slab label?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, a couple.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to keep boxes sealed for awhile, and the price of a sealed box tends to skyrocket right after I decide that it's not worth keeping it sealed any longer.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also would ship the sealed box in another box.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file