Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

So now that the 2015 HOF class is in...........

Who goes in next year? Of course Griffey goes in, but I would really like to see Tim Raines get in. Hopefully it's not going to be a 1 player induction.

Comments

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, Griffey. Mike Piazza, who should already be in. Outside shot for Bagwell, but he's probably another year away. Depends on how deep the holier than thou sanctimony runs among voters.
  • Options
    pauldrolkeespauldrolkees Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    is Jim Thome eligible yet? he is a first ballot HOFer
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Griffey Piazza Bagwell

I'm not looking at the list so I'm sure there are others .... I hope Edmonds continues to gain a few points ... I'd love to see him in at some point! (Ya that's likely not happening)
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭

<< <i>is Jim Thome eligible yet? he is a first ballot HOFer >>

No Thome until 2018.
  • Options
    Griffey and Piazza and nobody else.
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    I think next year they should de-induct koufax from the hall seeing that he's the most overrated player in baseball history.
  • Options

I dont think Thome gets in on the first ballot. Maybe 2nd or 3rd.

Griffey, Piazza for sure.

Bagwell is still another year or more from getting in, but will eventually.

Trevor Hoffman, possibly the 2nd best closer of all time (only to another man not yet in Cooperstown), should get in. With other lesser closers in the Hall, you'd think that Hoffman would be a shoe in. I guess it'll come down to the voters wanting to put in a closer on his first ballot.
    Current T206 Needs: (Updated 9/11/17)

LaJoie Portrait 3+, Cy Young Bare Hand 3+

Ty Cobb Bat Off 4+, ANY Red & Green Portrait

• Options

<< <i>I think next year they should de-induct koufax from the hall seeing that he's the most overrated player in baseball history. >>

And Phil Rizzuto! Had he played on any other team than the yankees, even with his same stats, he'd never even be a thought for the Hall.
    Current T206 Needs: (Updated 9/11/17)

LaJoie Portrait 3+, Cy Young Bare Hand 3+

Ty Cobb Bat Off 4+, ANY Red & Green Portrait

• Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    Griffey and piazza for sure, I think Hoffman stands a really good chance

Tim Raines has no shot

Bagwell is gonna be short again I suspect, and it may take him 2-3 more years to get in - he actually went down in votes a couple years ago but rebounded this year and besides Griffey there are no new locks

we should learn a lot about the voters next year and whether the writers are slowly changing their minds about the steroids crew - if they do, I would expect Clemens and bonds to surge in votes as well so if put them with Bagwell as outside shots next year
  • Options
    Griffey for sure , Hoffman and Piazza are probably . Tim Raines would need 20%boost, unlikely . Bagwell and Schilling would get my votes. I think Shilling will surge in voting .
  • Options
    pauldrolkeespauldrolkees Posts: 193 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Trevor Hoffman, possibly the 2nd best closer of all time (only to another man not yet in Cooperstown), should get in. With other lesser closers in the Hall, you'd think that Hoffman would be a shoe in. I guess it'll come down to the voters wanting to put in a closer on his first ballot. >>

it would be a shame if Jim Thome were not inducted on first ballot
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I think next year they should de-induct koufax from the hall seeing that he's the most overrated player in baseball history. >>

And Phil Rizzuto! Had he played on any other team than the yankees, even with his same stats, he'd never even be a thought for the Hall. >>

Steve, thanks for appreciating my warped sense of humor--glad to see at least one person on here does!!image
  • Options
    markmacmarkmac Posts: 412 ✭✭✭
    Is Johnny Damon a future Hall of Famer?
  • Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Trevor Hoffman, possibly the 2nd best closer of all time (only to another man not yet in Cooperstown), should get in. With other lesser closers in the Hall, you'd think that Hoffman would be a shoe in. I guess it'll come down to the voters wanting to put in a closer on his first ballot. >>

it would be a shame if Jim Thome were not inducted on first ballot >>

I concur. Thome is a 1st Ballot HOF.
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is Johnny Damon a future Hall of Famer? >>

No. Love what he did on the Yankees. I still think it's silly that the Red Sox fans thought of him as this big traitor even though we was only a Sock for 4 years and spent seven years before that with other teams.
    Daniel
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Griffey and Piazza will be the only 2 modern candidates to get inducted next year. I suspect Bill Dahlen will get the nod from the VC.

Johnny Damon is a not a future Hall of Famer.

Thome will be a first-ballot lock.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll be interesting to see how THIS CHANGE will affect the balloting.

I'm hoping Griffey, Hoffman, Piazza, Raines and Bagwell all make it in 2016.

Steve