Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

71 one business days still not popped....

Only 59 cards in sub, nothing out of ordinary in it either. Anyone else that far out?
Skips PSA Exchange
Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
Tony Dorsett Master Set
1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)

Comments

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my record was 72, looks like you have a chance
    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Only 59 cards in sub, nothing out of ordinary in it either. Anyone else that far out? >>

Have you called to check the progress on your order? Hopefully you can receive a voucher for this wait period on this one order.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Definitely call no later than day 55. Longer than that and there is most likely an issue with your order, not just a long wait.
  • Options
    blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    I called, bet it pops before end of tomorrow.
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
  • Options
    Did they say there was an issue or were they just running long?
  • Options
    They didn't see anything wrong with it.
    Skips PSA Exchange

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one area where PSA drops the ball. Needs improving, or, just change the expected wait times. Common sense business. Company needs to allow themselves time, especially when subs from collectors are likely coming in at a record rate.
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    If there were rhyme or reason to it, then that's one thing. But there are cases where other people have their submissions pop within a few days for 50-day service, which makes no sense. I'd understand if PSA got swamped and really backed up and everyone got delayed, but when there is no method to the madness, that's when it gets annoying.
  • Options
    NikklosNikklos Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭
    I have had three 50-day 50-cards subs pop within a week this month. And yet there is one that logged June 3rd and still has not popped.
    Nikklos
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I have 113 logged on 7/11
    I am getting to the point that if doesn't pop today or tomorrow it is going the distance or beyond.

They either pop quick - or they go full term +

hoping for quick.. haven't had one in a while!

Bob
  • Options

<< <i>They didn't see anything wrong with it. >>

Was today your first call into PSA about it? Just wondering for future reference.
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    my latest 50 card sub they broke down into 2 subs

12 card sub which popped in 4 days.
    38 card sub which hit's 50 days on this wed of all days.

have never seen them break down a sub like that before.

thinking they give the graders a quota each day or something to that effect....

and simply grab this sub of 50, that sub of 123, this sub of 88, etc to equal said quota

• Options
    ooooohhhhh just got the long pause...I thought it was going to hit but alas it was trickery!!
  • Options
    at 81...and called again.image
    Skips PSA Exchange

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
  • Options
    ^^^^ this makes me feel sad ^^^^

for me and for you
  • Options
    Yuck. Hope you got a voucher.
  • Options
    StamkosFanStamkosFan Posts: 255 ✭✭✭
    81 has to be a record.....and still counting? Yuck!
  • Options
    LittletweedLittletweed Posts: 623 ✭✭✭
    A submission from April, still not finished?!?!?!

Wow, that's long!

I graded some currency a couple of years ago and had to wait about 6 months, but that was expected going in.

I hope when you get your grades later today, they are better than you expected!
    Matt

• Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I hope when you get your grades later today, they are better than you expected! >>

you know they're going to be worse (i'm putting the anti-jinx on it by saying this!)

go bears!
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Should be first come first serve based on type of submission. Imagine going into a restaurant and people that get to the table a half hour after you get their food first!!! When you walk out of the restaurant, you are not a happy camper.

Disclaimer....I dont like Beckett, but they guarantee turnaround times. Should be the same
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They didn't see anything wrong with it. >>

You should have said , "you mean other than the fact you've had it since Jesus was born?"
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

One of mine from 2013 into 2014....5385033 10/25/2013 1/21/2014
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of mine this year:

January monthly special, logged 2/13/15, grades popped 6/11/15.

I've got an order I sent in on April's monthly special that didn't log until 5/21/15 and is still waiting for grades.

Like countless other threads on the wait-time subject have pointed out, the quantity of days is not guaranteed, it is only an estimate, and turn around time seems to come down to random luck of the draw. When you are subbing things on the monthly specials, just set your expectations for it taking a minimum of 90 calendar days, maybe longer. If you get your results in less, then enjoy the fact that you had a relatively quicker order. I definitely agree it is hard to wait so long once your order is in, but you'll only set yourself up for disappointment if you have an expectation that your cards will come back in the estimated time. Took me awhile to recalibrate on that, but it is the reality of the timing so not much we can do besides get used to it.

• Options
    sportscardstopsportscardstop Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

<< <i>One of mine from 2013 into 2014....5385033 10/25/2013 1/21/2014 >>

That's not too bad. Maybe 55 days with all of the Holidays in Nov/Dec?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>One of mine from 2013 into 2014....5385033 10/25/2013 1/21/2014 >>

That's not too bad. Maybe 55 days with all of the Holidays in Nov/Dec? >>

Probably a little bit less than 55.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Come on PSA customer service get this sub to the front of the line now.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    90 days imageimageimage
    Called again, they said they would contact the services manager.

Still nothing odd about the sub.

errrr

I've had another sub ready to send 2 months ago, may decide to never send it now....maybe time to retire back to just raw.
    Skips PSA Exchange

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    "I've had another sub ready to send 2 months ago, may decide to never send it now....maybe time to retire back to just raw."

Hello, customer service. You are losing customers!! Stock price at $18.00. With some subs popping in a few days any sub that is brought to your attention
    that is over 50 days should get hand delivered to the front of the line. Period.
    Been nice knowing you guys
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the reasons I'm not a Collectors Club member yet. They need to, and I'll be as constructive with this criticism as I can be knowing the board I'm on, sharpen up their turnaround times. It can be done with effort. If there are posted turn around times, even if not lock bolt guaranteed, and they aren't being met, change them. Give yourself more time, it will also help collectors. I see some of these posts and there are some submitters who are not getting their cards back anywhere near the time frame stated. You may even gain a member or 3 who knows. Sure it's small potatoes to some but little things matter, it's ridiculous to assume they don't.
  • Options
    Call again. Ask to speak to Veronica. Explain the situation and I bet you'll get them today. Or, email Joe O. directly. Even PSA, with all of the flexibility in their language regarding turnaround, knows this isn't right. It's just about getting the situation brought to the attention of the right person.
  • Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    I don't think I have seen even one new "grades popped" thread since The National. I wonder if they sent the entire grading crew on a month's vacation when they returned from that show.
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't think I have seen even one new "grades popped" thread since The National. I wonder if they sent the entire grading crew on a month's vacation when they returned from that show. >>

My last sub logged 8/10 and popped 8/18. I'm convinced uniformity of cards helps. I've had 6 50 day subs since June pop in 10 days or fewer and every one contained cards of uniform type.
  • Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My last sub logged 8/10 and popped 8/18. I'm convinced uniformity of cards helps. I've had 6 50 day subs since June pop in 10 days or fewer and every one contained cards of uniform type. >>

My latest sub logged a month ago.....all 1933 Goudey...no quick poppage for me.
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My last sub logged 8/10 and popped 8/18. I'm convinced uniformity of cards helps. I've had 6 50 day subs since June pop in 10 days or fewer and every one contained cards of uniform type. >>

My latest sub logged a month ago.....all 1933 Goudey...no quick poppage for me. >>

Maybe there are fewer graders they trust to handle more obscure & valuable issues like that. All my stuff was 1971 and 1972 Topps baseball.
  • Options
    If they would just grade orders regardless of size based on log in date, this problem would be remedied. I don't mind waiting a month or two if I know they just put me in line like everyone else.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

My latest sub logged a month ago.....all 1933 Goudey...no quick poppage for me. >>

Maybe there are fewer graders they trust to handle more obscure & valuable issues like that. All my stuff was 1971 and 1972 Topps baseball. >>

I have found that if a sub doesn't pop within the first couple of weeks, it will typically go the duration.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Sure glad I prefer SGC.

90+ days is unacceptable and should never happen.
    I agree if they would grade first come first serve within each level that would go along way to not pissing customers off.

I bet the 4SC's of the world never wait weeks or months for their cards.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sure glad I prefer SGC.

90+ days is unacceptable and should never happen.
    I agree if they would grade first come first serve within each level that would go along way to not pissing customers off.

I bet the 4SC's of the world never wait weeks or months for their cards. >>

There's a reason SGC subs pop so quickly. No backlog.

If you want to realize maximum value for post war cards, PSA is the only way to go. It's not even debatable.

I would also say that the majority of PSA submissions pop in far less time than the stated turnaround time.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    You need to email Joe Orlando.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page