Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Wont Be Able to Make It This Year - Hoping All Going to National Have A Great Time

I had to cancel my plans to be at National this year due to the recent passing of my father.

Wishing all of you who do attend a great show. If you have a chance please post photos and show reports.

Wish I could have made it this year, but plan to be back in 2016.

Dave

Dave

Comments

• cardcountrycardcountry Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear that Dave. Take care of yourself during this hard time and we will hope to see you soon. Please lmk if I can help in any way.

Jeff
    Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980
  • IndianaJonesIndianaJones Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
    Dave, I most sincerely extend to you my deep sympathy in the loss of your father. This is a very difficult time in a son's life; I've been through it, too. A big long bear hug to you, bro. To be sure, take care of yourself, take it slow, and there's something someone told me after my Mom died that proved true. Once in awhile, from now on, you will see something that will instantly cause you to think of your Dad, and miss him intensely. You'll burst out in tears. It's normal; you're no less of a man. You're a loving son. With my Mom, I lost it when I saw daisies, her favorite flower. Man, the tears are coming back to me again. But I'm not ashamed, and I just wanted to share that with you. God bless you, and be with you, during this tough time.

There will be more Nationals. ---Indiana Jones (Brian Powell)
  • KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dave - so sorry to hear about your father's passing, and just pray for you and your family to heal during this time. Will send some photos and hope to see you in 2016.
  • Sorry to hear that Dave image

• MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Dave,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I remember reading a lot of posts about how much of a wonderful relationship that you had. I will keep your family in our thoughts and prayers and you will be missed at the National.

Jeremy
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Dave ... Sorry to hear about your dad's passing. Your family and you will be in my prayers.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    So sorry for your loss.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    Dave,

I am so sorry to hear this news. You will be in my thoughts.

-Eric
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss, amigo.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very sorry for your loss, David. image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    David, very sorry to learn of your dad's passing; my deepest condolences to you and your family and I look forward to seeing you in AC next year.
  • thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Dave, so sorry to hear about the loss of your father. Thoughts and prayers are with you during what I'm sure is a difficult time--we'll miss you at the National. Please call me if you need anything.