Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What is the trick for downloading the Secure Plus Trueviews?

Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't get it to work on the old page for the Trueviews. For instance, this one works fine:

1837 Half Dime Trueview:

But the trueview that came with a Secure Plus grade does not work on that page. Cert # 32670088.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That coin doesn't appear to have a TrueView, but here's the secure image:

• Options

<< <i>That coin doesn't appear to have a TrueView, but here's the secure image:
    >>

All Secure Plus images are now Trueview. I just can't figure out how to download the full size.
  • Options

<< <i>All Secure Plus images are now Trueview. >>

No, they're not. Which is why you can't access the images with a "TrueView" URL.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>All Secure Plus images are now Trueview. >>

No, they're not. Which is why you can't access the images with a "TrueView" URL. >>

Secure Images are NOT TrueView images....but

You can see the July announcement that all Secure Submissions now come with True View.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    email Phil or Christina.
    photography@collectors.com
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    It's like pulling a Wabbit out of a hat
  • Options

Thanks Keyman, FTB, and CoinJ. It is the same image as the Secure Plus image on the cert. verification page. So when they say free Trueview with Secure Plus, they mean business!

Man this coin looks nice. I own it and didn't even realize how nice it was. Clearly better than the 65 they gave it. Back she goes for another try!
  • Options

<< <i>It's like pulling a Wabbit out of a hat >>

• Options

<< <i>Man this coin looks nice. I own it and didn't even realize how nice it was. Clearly better than the 65 they gave it. Back she goes for another try! >>

Don't pull a muscle patting yourself on the back... image

Seriously, that coin has too many reeding marks for a 66, IMHO. You might get a plus on a good day.
  • Options

I will pat myself on the back when it comes back higher.
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The odds against that coin making 66 are only about 10:1. Knock yourself out.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options

<< <i>The odds against that coin making 66 are only about 10:1. Knock yourself out. >>

I'll take the bet. Put your money up. I go a grand against your 10.
  • Options
    valente151valente151 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The odds against that coin making 66 are only about 10:1. Knock yourself out. >>

I'll take the bet. Put your money up. I go a grand against your 10. >>

Nice coin, but not a 6. There is a trend on this forum to count marks and call it a day when grading. Good luck, but that's not how goins are graded outside of these boards. That coin doesn't have enough bloom to bring it to a 6. Hopefully you'll be too busy counting the marks, or lack thereof, to roast me at the stake for the truth. image The truth hurts, but not as much as the stake.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Man this coin looks nice. I own it and didn't even realize how nice it was. Clearly better than the 65 they gave it. Back she goes for another try! >>

Don't pull a muscle patting yourself on the back... image

Seriously, that coin has too many reeding marks for a 66, IMHO. You might get a plus on a good day. >>

I agree with you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file