Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

the hill collection?

anybody have any media or info on this collection?

ran across a few cards w/ pedigreed flips: the hill collection

they are some mighty fine specimens to say the least and curious to know more about them...

school me, please.

Comments

• Options
    cardcountrycardcountry Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    Those belonged to my good friend Brady. He had the #1 sets of some if not all the 70's and had them pedigreed. He sold them awhile back. Beautiful cards indeed.
    Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    was there ever a write up on him or the collection?

if so, could you kindly point me in the right direction.

and yes, ref@ckindiculous set of cardboard!!!
  • Options
    IDK. I can ask.

J
    Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980
  • Options

<< <i>Those belonged to my good friend Brady. He had the #1 sets of some if not all the 70's and had them pedigreed. He sold them awhile back. Beautiful cards indeed. >>

If I remember correctly he couldn't outspend Hatch on his 1978 set, or outrip BBG on his 1979 set. Perhaps that took some jelly out of his donut?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Those belonged to my good friend Brady. He had the #1 sets of some if not all the 70's and had them pedigreed. He sold them awhile back. Beautiful cards indeed. >>

If I remember correctly he couldn't outspend Hatch on his 1978 set, or outrip BBG on his 1979 set. Perhaps that took some jelly out of his donut? >>

Who is BBG?
  • Options

<< <i>

If I remember correctly he couldn't outspend Hatch on his 1978 set, or outrip BBG on his 1979 set. Perhaps that took some jelly out of his donut? >>

Nah he wouldn't care about that. Not his personality.

Jeff
    Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Who is BBG? >>

Bubblebathgirl he used to post here a lot. Into the 79's big time. He got banned..
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    "Bubblebathgirl he used to post here a lot. Into the 79's big time. He got banned.."
    He had no trouble selling '79 wrappers and gum if I remember correctly.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Who is BBG? >>

Bubblebathgirl he used to post here a lot. Into the 79's big time. He got banned.. >>

Looks like he was banned long ago but the guy that joined last month knows all about him? Interesting
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's definitely some nice examples in the Hill sets but also some sliders. Didn't these come from Donald Spence's collection originally? I probably owned a few of these cards at one time.
  • Options
    Hill is one of the Top Doggs in this hobby. He has some extraordinary cards.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Good guy to deal with. Very professional and no BS.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's