Home Sports Talk
Options

I think I broke the Sports Talk forum

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
I posted to the Red Sox thread 36 hours ago and zero posts of any kind since. I am sorry

Mark
Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the rabblerousers are gone, lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there's only one rabble-rouser, and that's me. As posted, I was gone for a few days on a mini-vacation, sadly, nothing has improved for the Red Sox, nor will it.

There are of course those who have either left the board, or can't seem to face up to the fact of how poorly the team is playing, or reading from a renowned blogger for the Red Sox via ESPN, Gordon Edes. Edes, has forgotten more about Red Sox baseball than I'll ever know...his blogs have been blistering at times, but, he is pretty much on point.

We all want the team to win, but when they're doing so poorly, it's hard not to point out where the shortcomings appear to be happening. I think the lack of pitching has really nailed the team, that, coupled with overpaid and underperforming acquisitions have just sunk this ship. I've been a Red Sox fan long enough to have seen Ted Williams and Mickey Mantle play in Fenway, but those memories don't give a pass to the current situation. I could go on and on, but I've posted waaaay more than my fair share of stuff about the team's performance this year. I wrote a couple of months ago that 2015 was o-v-e-r...hoping of course that I was going to be proven wrong.

The Red Sox are now 11 games behind the Yankees in the AL East, their % is .442, have lost the last 7 in a row and 2/10. With just 67 games to go, and a brutal September schedule, only a bona fide miracle could even give this team a remote shot...and that ain't gonna happen.

Sadly, it is what it is. Should be interesting what happens before August 1st. I think Cherington (the GM) and Farrell, the manager are disasters at this point.
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coin, currency and card collectors make for a pretty lackluster Sports Forum.

It can be like a ghost town sometimes but, it's better than nuthin.

btw...Go Yankees!!

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This place has been super quiet for awhile now, I think once the NFL starts it should pick up a bit but who knows
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to post about how bad the Royals are. Now I have nothing to complain about.image

I'm really happy for Mike Moustakas and Hosmer and Cain and the rest of them. Moustakas struggled so mightily offensively his first couple years, but all he talked about was trying to help the team win. He never gave up on himself. Now he's an all star.
    Gordon was the same way when he was a struggling third baseman, same positive attitude. Too bad he got hurt.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    Many people start threads in the Sports Memorabilia forum when they should be put here. This should have much more in it.