Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My first auction with the new (to me) Stacks Bowers website...

oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
It has been a couple of years since I won with Stacks Bowers (SB).

I picked up three coins, missed out on the one that I really wanted (my slush fund was not deep enough).

I prefer Heritage's (HA) website and upcoming notification process. I like their imaging, which is better in ways than HA. SB auctions were pretty lengthy in duration (normally 1200 CST until 2200+), and it would be great if they provided a notification service when your watch/bid items are coming up soon. It was really hard to gauge when the items were coming up based on the number of lots ahead; some ran short, some longer than anticipated, some even crawfished from higher bids back to previous bids. I had to do a couple of "bid and forget" since I could not hover over the keyboard during the duration. I paid my invoice when it was submitted to me, so lets see how long it actually takes to get the coins "in hand". HA usually ships them out within a week.

I have been following the other SB thread about a couple of botched auction items, just thought that I would share a positive (so far) experience.
oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...

Comments

• Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stacks's customer service has been getting A+ for the last year or 2 from me.

Called Stacks yesterday to have my baltimore lots overnighted and they came in today (A+++++).

may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    I received a shipping notice email from Stacks, not bad two day processing after payment. Heritage...nothing yet, paid the day before Stacks.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    I received the actual package today from SB, after missing the postal person on Friday, Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available).

I received the shipping notice from HA today...a little over a week after making the payment.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file