Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

My first registry set is started!

Well I have finally done it image I just started my first registry set of Standing Liberty quarters under the company name (WCT Enterprises soon to be renamed "The WindyCity SLQ Collection"). I will be adding more in the next 2 weeks but I wanted to at least get the set started. Thanks for letting me ramble...I really love those SLQ's!
It is possible for people to ask questions for no other reason than to educate themselves. The only stupid questions are those that are never asked.

Comments

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with loving SLQs, they are one of my favorite designs. They're also a very tough set to get nice, but you know that already. Will you be including images of your coins? If so, that would be cool. Good luck!image
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw Heck think of a Better Set Name.
      I am thinking You are from Chicago. How about "The Shore Line Set" or "The Harry Carey Set" or "The Cub's Win Set" any thing but that Official Sounding Name.image
        Ken
      1. Options
        TomB...photos to follow in about a month...sooner if I can figure out how to do it!
        Fairlaneman...good point...working on the change as we speak!
        It is possible for people to ask questions for no other reason than to educate themselves. The only stupid questions are those that are never asked.

2. Options
        DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
        Welcome to the club windycity.
        I love SLQ's also. Wish I had the money to do those and the Walkers along with my Merc's.

Again, welcome.

Jon
      3. Options
        Thank you dimeman!
        Fairlaneman, The new name (although it probably won't show up for a few days) is The WindyCity SLQ Collection!

4. Options
        Congrats WC, and welcome to the "registry world". image

You've picked my favorite series with which to start. image
        My '17 type 1 was the first coin that I ever bought. I'd offer my #2 set(two coins), but I'd have too hard a time parting with them! (can't have too many type ones!) LOL image

Good luck in your quest. (mine is just to own a ms '16 FH!)

Regards,

Don
        FULL Heads RULE!
      5. Options
        Excellent !!! Can Just Hear the Wind Rustling Over Her Bare Knee.image
          Welcome By the Way.
            Ken
          1. Options
            jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭
            Welcome to the SLQ set registry world. We need more SLQ folks on the board image
            an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
          2. Options
            quattrocoins & jcping ... thanks for the welcome. I am getting this warm fuzzy feeling because of all the friends I am meeting here image

3. Options
            DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
            Ken,

It's not her knee that's bare.

Jon
          4. Options
            Welcome to the registry. SLQs are certainly beautiful coins. They have gotten much tougher to find in the last few years especially in FH. Good luck.
            Bill

My Other Hobby
          5. Options
            FORGOT about The Type I Coins.image
              Wish the Cash was Available to Pursue the Other Weinman Coins also.image Maybe Someday.
                Ken
                  PS: Always been a Leg Man Anyway.image
                1. Options
                  Good luck it wont be easy....
                2. Options
                  Welcome to the registry WC, hope you enjoy that set, that set was my third choice to start, but like many others here, that would not be possible because of funds to procure the fishing lures... mean Mercury Dimes....lolimageimage
                  Good luck and cant wait to see those pics.....
                  Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
                3. Options
                  python1...thank you!
                  bcsican... the challenge is what makes the hunt fun! Will I complete it this month? No. Will I complete it eventually? You bet! image