Home Testing Forum

Stone Mountain

guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭
When Sherman's army was marching thru Atlanta they came upon Stone Mountian. They looked up and saw a Confederate soldier holding up the Confederate flag. Sherman quickly ordered two of his troops to climb the mountain and tear down that flag and kill the soldier holding it. After a while, Sherman's men were looking up to the top of the mountain and saw the two Union soldiers fly off the mountain and fall to their death, the Confederate soldier still standing holding the flag. Sherman quickly sent 5 soldiers this time to take care of this nuisance. As they were looking up again, the five soldiers came tumbling down the mountain falling to their death. The lone Confederate soldier still standing proudly upon the top of the mountain holding up the flag of the South. Perplexed, Sherman sent 10 men this time to surely take care of this once and for all. When the soldiers made it to the top, Sherman observed them one by one tumbling down the mountain landing at Sherman's feet, dead. He couldn't believe it. He looked up at the Confederate soldier still holding the flag, shook his finger at him and shouted "You will not prevail any longer! Bring me his head on a platter!" With that, Sherman sent 100 of his strongest men up the mountain to slay the lone Confederate soldier that has very much embarrassed him and dented his reputation. The soldiers made it to the top and vanished from sight. Anxiously awaiting their triumphant return they could keep moving towards Savannah, Sherman mounted his horse and observed the confrontation from an elevated view. A few minutes went by and, slowly, the Union soldiers came tumbling down the mountain one by one. Sherman and his men around him simply could not believe what they were seeing. "How could this Confederate soldier be beating my army, the best of my men??!!??!" As the last Union soldier fell from the top, one of them miraculously survived the fall. Beaten, bleeding, broken, and bruised the Union soldier hung on to life and said this to his commanding General with his last breath, "Sir, it's a trap. There's two of them."
@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.

Comments