Home Precious Metals
Options

website up for sale?

piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
I use to "lurk" a bullion/coin site called purelynumismatics.com, see now the site is now up for sale. Anyone know anything why this happened? tia
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    I noticed this as well, though I only visited maybe 2X a month. Always seemed to ME that it wasn't used a busy site at all. Perhaps the owner thought it best to give it up, instead of hosting a site where some 'top' threads were more than 1 or 2 days old???
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    I noticed this as well, though I only visited maybe 2X a month. Always seemed to ME that it wasn't used a busy site at all. Perhaps the owner thought it best to give it up, instead of hosting a site where some 'top' threads were more than 1 or 2 days old???

I lurked to watch what a fraud was saying and doing, and that person is here too, but lays low because he knows I know who he is.
    A fraud in the sense that he is not what he says and portrays he is.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    So, if they are a fraud, then why do you care about the website? Perhaps someone else uncovered their fraudery and forced them to shut down operations. Perhaps they found that being fraudulent was not profitable. You can probably do some internet sleuthing on that domain name and learn the previous owner's identity, but it could be a fake alias.

BTW, I'm pretty sure fraudery is not a word. I just thought it sounded cool. image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    So, if they are a fraud, then why do you care about the website? Perhaps someone else uncovered their fraudery and forced them to shut down operations. Perhaps they found that being fraudulent was not profitable. You can probably do some internet sleuthing on that domain name and learn the previous owner's identity, but it could be a fake alias.

BTW, I'm pretty sure fraudery is not a word. I just thought it sounded cool

You obviously didn't remotely read what I said and at this point it's not really worth trying to explain any further than I already have.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You obviously didn't remotely read what I said and at this point it's not really worth trying to explain any further than I already have. >>

Actually I did read what you wrote, a couple times, curious why you would spend valuable time lurking on an imposter's website just to see what they are saying and doing. Who cares?

Oh it wasn't their website, but a community page like this one. And they were just a commenter/poster. Like you. Got it. That makes way more sense. Maybe you can uncover the owner of the website, and contact them, and find out how to reinstate the website, so that the fraudulent person can resume their commenting, so you can keep tabs on their fraudulent sayings and doings.

Or you could just keep tabs on them here, since you know who they are ...
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wanna buy acoinshop.com or be a franchisee ? (spam intended)

Vetting process required.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So, if they are a fraud, then why do you care about the website? Perhaps someone else uncovered their fraudery and forced them to shut down operations. Perhaps they found that being fraudulent was not profitable. You can probably do some internet sleuthing on that domain name and learn the previous owner's identity, but it could be a fake alias.

BTW, I'm pretty sure fraudery is not a word. I just thought it sounded cool. image >>

Fraudularity!image
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    I remember that site. I seem to recall it was started by a guy who used to post across the street, on the NGC forums. Don't remember if he posted here or not. For reasons I no longer remember, he had a disagreement with someone on the NGC forums, so he decided to start his own site and invited some of us to join.

I joined and tried his site for a little while, but it was lightly used and there are only so many sites where I can realistically be an active member on a regular basis. I didn't see where I was getting any more out of his site than I could get here or the NGC forums.