Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Why is it that people think I paid to much?

And yet I seem to make money. No a killing but money.
Just a rant.

Comments

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    People operate on different margins.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haters gonna hate.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife "always" says I pay too much.
    Mike
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why worry what others think to begin with?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>And yet I seem to make money. No a killing but money.
    Just a rant. >>

Because your "too much" is their "impossible"
  • Options
    Why post, soliciting the opinions of others, and expect to hear only those that you agree with?
  • Options

<< <i>Haters gonna hate. >>

Correction:

Hatters gonna hate. image
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

Hiya Geordie!
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

Tommy lights his cigars with 50 dollar bills, you know, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My wife "always" says I pay too much. >>

She's not the only wife that feels this way! image
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Why post, soliciting the opinions of others, and expect to hear only those that you agree with? >>

Because most are the ones that want to buy it off me....lol

I don't mind someone saying it, if it was true. But why want to buy it and then say I paid to much.

Just a rant, but kinda funny to much works just good for me. And I bet the people I buy off don't think it's to much.
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My wife "always" says I pay too much. >>

She's not the only wife that feels this way! image >>

• Options
    The truth is:

-- a little bit is that some people don't really like to see the success of others and enjoy putting other people down

-- some people are gristled and overlook that there are a lot of buyers out there who don't know much about the vintage card market and thus pay well over market/VCP rates, giving saavy sellers bigger margins than one might expect

-- we, as people, are probably a bit more sensitive to criticism than we are attuned to praise, thus it resonates with us more. You have been receiving many, many compliments from the board from your pick-ups lately yet you seem to focus on the negativity. In any crowd, there will be a range of opinions and its natural that some will feel that you overpaid while many think you scored a great deal
  • Options

<< <i>The truth is:

-- a little bit is that some people don't really like to see the success of others and enjoy putting other people down

-- some people are gristled and overlook that there are a lot of buyers out there who don't know much about the vintage card market and thus pay well over market/VCP rates, giving saavy sellers bigger margins than one might expect

-- we, as people, are probably a bit more sensitive to criticism than we are attuned to praise, thus it resonates with us more. You have been receiving many, many compliments from the board from your pick-ups lately yet you seem to focus on the negativity. In any crowd, there will be a range of opinions and its natural that some will feel that you overpaid while many think you scored a great deal >>

Well put, imo.

• Options
    TOO.

Yeah, I'm that guy.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>TOO.

Yeah, I'm that guy. >>

I noticed this, too.
  • Options

<< <i>TOO.

Yeah, I'm that guy. >>

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    "The truth is:

-- we, as people, are probably a bit more sensitive to criticism than we are attuned to praise, thus it resonates with us more. You have been receiving many, many compliments from the board from your pick-ups lately yet you seem to focus on the negativity. In any crowd, there will be a range of opinions and its natural that some will feel that you overpaid while many think you scored a great deal"

Excellent response.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball