Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

There are now 6 MS69 State Quarters

dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, the number keeps going up. Now there are two Vermont's (was one) and a Kentucky to go along with the two New York and North Carolina.

Where will it end up for the contest being run?
Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks dbldie55 for pointing that out. I had heard about the KY(p) being made by another board member yesterday, but heard nothing about a second VT(p). Congratulations to the lucky submitter that "made" these coins. Anyone out there know who graded them? I would be a strong buyer of these coins - just PM me if you have one or both available for sale. image Wondercoin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never seen an MS69 State Quarter but they must have some heck of a lot of eye appeal.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    littlewicherlittlewicher Posts: 1,822 ✭✭
    How much are they selling for?

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I was the owner of one of these MS69 State quarters I wouldn't take anything less than ten grand. I imagine that's is about what these go for- give or take a thousand or two.

peacockcoins

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 1,240 ✭✭
    Pat, would you take $9999.01 or maybe trade for a MS68 Kennedy?

TRUTH
  • Options
    Pat: My question (in a friendly way) is would you pay me $6000 for an MS69 state quarter if I could locate one for you next week? If not, why "stir up" the modern critics by suggesting you wouldn't sell one for less than $10,000? image Wondercoin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    andy007andy007 Posts: 475
    where's the thread where we guessed how many MS69 State Quarters and Sacs there would be in a few months? Wasn't there supposed to be a pretty nice prize for the closest answer?
  • Options
    Mitch- What I would sell a coin for and what I would pay for that exact same coin are two completely different issues wieghted with different criteria. I'm not trying to stir up anything. My response was in line with littlewicher's question, "How much are they selling for?". I doubt any of us have that answer- well, anyone who is willing to give a factual answer- so I gave my assessment.

These are a great coin in MS69. The demand will always be high and the pops always low. I sincerely doubt if a complete set will ever be possible in this lofty grade.
    So again, I probably wouldn't buy one even at $5,000.00- I'm not a collector of the series, but if I owned the coin it wouldn't leave my collection for less then $10,000.00.

peacockcoins

• Options
    Pat: Thanks for the reply. The true collector in you shows clearly in that reply! image Wondercoin.
  • Options
    You're welcome. Thanks for reading my answer with an open mind. Most Dealers/Collectors wouldn't. I appreciate that.

peacockcoins

• Options
    waiting to see the sales price on these....interesting