Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1975 Topps Finally completed

It took me 8 years to complete this set in all 9's and 10's. Frank Tanana was the last card I needed. I have a few I want to replace.

Comments

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on your set the 75 set is awesome in high grade.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!!!
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations, with all 9's and 10's you must have one of the top ranked sets!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations, Ron!!

I am in a similar boat for the 75 mini set~been collecting it in PSA 8 or better since 2007, also, and need just 12 more cards to finish it.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats. That is an incredible achievement. Not sure I would have the patience to pull it off.
  • Options
    SmokieSmokie Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys for all the kind words. I just need to finish the 1981 set in all 9's and 10's. got 11 more to get.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks guys for all the kind words. I just need to finish the 1981 set in all 9's and 10's. got 11 more to get. >>

Love that set, too~good luck, Ron!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is incredible to me to see guys like you complete such large sets in all high grades.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Congrats Ron! Now enjoy the set.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

Love that set, too~good luck, Ron!

Thanks Tim
  • Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    That set would take a lot of patience and time to find the right cards. Congrats on a major accomplishment!

Jeremy
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations. image
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spectacular image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    My all-time favorite set Ron. Congratulations on finishing it up in such a high grade. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Thanks Mike.
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! Any set from this time in 9 or 10 is a great accomplishment. Throw in the colored borders and it's no wonder it took so long to complete. I agree with Mike, this is also my favorite set from the 70's. After the 81 is done, what is your next set?
    Steve
  • Options
    bleacherbumbleacherbum Posts: 113 ✭✭
    Cheers, well done!
  • Options
    VintagemanEdVintagemanEd Posts: 922 ✭✭✭
    I am always curious to total money put into that kind of labor of love? Will
    Anyone share a number?
  • Options

<< <i>I am always curious to total money put into that kind of labor of love? Will
    Anyone share a number? >>

If you need to ask, it's too much.. image