Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSA 9 '75 mini's; where did they all go

Maybe I'm not as attentive as I used to be, but have seen very few HOF PSA 9 mini's for auction over the past year. Is someone hoarding this babies?

Anyone else have this perspective?
Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
Prefer to buy in bulk.

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe I'm not as attentive as I used to be, but have seen very few HOF PSA 9 mini's for auction over the past year. Is someone hoarding this babies?

Anyone else have this perspective? >>

They are very tough to find, particularly full-sized examples, and there are a number of avid mini collectors holding onto many of them on the registry.

I pulled a Yount RC from a mini rack pack a couple of years ago~one of my most exciting pulls ever from a pack.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Like Tim said, a lot of the star 9s are locked up in Registry (and off registry) sets. It's also super difficult to pull Mint 9s from packs, let alone HOFers. I've opened my fair share and have only pulled a dozen HOFers in 9. 8s are much easier to come by, but that's why there is such a price disparity between the two grades. I sold a PSA 9 Carew (pop 12) last month for over $700, where an 8 can be had for less than $50.

Ryan Hoge - PSA President, IG: @maysmantle

• SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭
    I see far more PSA 9 '71's than '75 minis for auction. That seems strange to me.

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I see far more PSA 9 '71's than '75 minis for auction. That seems strange to me. >>

I suspect the production numbers for the 71s are at least 10 times that of the 75 minis. I pulled that number out of air-maybe someone has actual #s.