Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Shill and Retract Example

Check out the way this one was bid up - $10 increments until he's the high bidder then....... Retract! This is the ugly face of eBay.

LINK

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 17 bid retractions in the last 6 months, including 2 with this particular seller, that bidder should not even be on ebay anymore. There should be a rule~one bid retraction for any 12-month period. More than one and your account is deactivated.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭
    There really should be some kind of a limit to the amount of bid retractions someone can do in a certain time period. Frankly Ebay does not care.
    1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    1all1all Posts: 507 ✭✭✭
    It's also a sure sign of a shill when you end your bid with .99 - who would bid that way if they want to win an auction?
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>With 17 bid retractions in the last 6 months, including 2 with this particular seller, that bidder should not even be on ebay anymore. There should be a rule~one bid retraction for any 12-month period. More than one and your account is deactivated. >>

Agree completely!
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    The bidder retracted his bid, but a minute later he bid the same amount, and did not retract it.
  • Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    I guess it looks like it was bid with 25 minutes left, retracted 20 minutes later and then rebid a minute or so later

while I certainly understand the point here, there were 4 other over bidders so not really sure this made a difference in the end