Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The mother lode of pocket schedules

Just returned home from buying a massive collection of pocket schedules from 1930's to 1990's...Mostly Detroit Tigers.

Had to share some pics as I begin to sift thru these...PHOTO HEAVY

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    CONGRATS ... ENJOY THEM.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it be great if the original collector slipped a couple cards into those schedules as a memento? image
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Those are nice I have a boat load of them myself but nothing that old. Enjoy
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. Funny how the one growling tiger picture got used over and over again. LOL
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice collection. Like the Red Sox ones. The 62 Houston Colt 45's one should be special.Notice on the 36 and 40 Tigers schedules they seperate the word "Baseball" as if the word is 2 seperate words-Base (space) Ball.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    These are so awesome! If you find any Sox schedules picturing Yaz, please LMK. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Nice score. I love that bgs slabs pocket schedules. It's a nice way to get a collectable of college players that never made the pros.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    That's awesome. Would love to have a collection of pocket schedules like that of my favorite team. Very cool.
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    That is an absolutely fantastic collection
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Dude, I am so jealous. Would love those for my mancave. I have some from mid 70s with the Tiger logo, but love the ones that have the Stroh's ads!!
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome collection there. I always had a fondness for pocket schedules. Still have a few from the '70's Yankee Stadium days but this is a great vintage group you have.
    Daniel
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    WOW
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    fmclaug11fmclaug11 Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the feedback as I enjoy sharing my excitement over this collection with other like minded folks...I'm having a blast sifting thru all these binders. The seller collected these himself in the 80's and 90's and was very meticulous in chasing sets from Crown, Distinctive, Michigan Mutual, Det News/Free Press etc. etc. There's also a nice run of Tiger ticket stubs from 1936 and up including opening day stubs for 38' and 39'. About half the binders are older stuff 30's to 70's with the other half from 80's-90's. By the time I finish looking thru every binder, I forget what was in the first ones and get to start over again.