Home U.S. Coin Forum

Have you ever had a problem wiht the email address you use for eBay or PayPal transactions being pub

My primary email address is used for family, friends and important accounts and then I have some public ones I use so if they ever get on a spam list I can abandon them.

But I just realized my primary email address is what I have for PayPal and it has been broadcast for years to all the people I've dealt with on eBay.
I've never had a problem with it, but I don't really want it public so I'm going to change it so it doesn't become a problem.

Has anybody ever had an issue with your eBay or PayPal email address being broadcast publically?

Comments

• GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    You can add multiple email addresses to one paypal account. That way they don't see your primary one, that may cure it for paypal.
    Ed
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biggest problem I have is the astronomical fees for selling on eBay. PayPal has always been pretty good about their fee structure. They even had a Money Market Fund which paid 5%, at one time as well as allowing a "PAY PAL GIFT" where no fees are applied. That's pretty nice for a corporation. Email problems ? Broadcasting ? the NEWS ? Nobody cares , and those who do are here with me and you.
  • CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Has anybody ever had an issue with your eBay or PayPal email address being broadcast publically? >>

Yep, but since I have my own domain, I just change it at will and block the old one.
  • mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I have a bad experience with a buyer, I just plaster their email on every spambot site known to man.

Just Kidding

But I did have to take action with a member of my mom's Sunday School Class who forwarded every joke, Fox news item, Kitty Video, etc. without stripping off all the accumulated email addresses.

My mom, in her late 80's, was getting tons of spam that I had to clean up.

I set up a dummy email address and had it on this lady's class email blast list, and within hours of her first forwarded email, the spam deluge began.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file