Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Saturday mail call: My first Vennie

Pretty happy about this arrival from today's mail. 1968 Topps Venezeulan of Mel Stottlemeyer. Vennie's do not have the gloss on the front of card and the stock is thinner. What I really like about this one is the complete lack of back damage, as many were glued into albums.

Daniel

Comments

• Wow, that's a beautiful Venie!
  • vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Awesome. I bought one not too long ago and was also thrilled that it had no back damage.

I just wanted one in my collection.

Nice job.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    That's awesome Dan. Great to have one without the back damage.

Dan, not sure why, but it seems like many of the 68s don't have the back damage like the other years. Do you know if the books they were pasted in were special books put out by Topps? Is it possible they didn't issue the books in 68?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doug - I agree. There are a lot of '68's without back damage. Maybe whatever the albums were that people we gluing them into were either not available or less widely available?
    Daniel
  • begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    indeed, star vennis are tough enough by themselves. but tracking one down w/o paper loss on the back is a whole different level...

gorgeous card.