Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Packs on hand for ripping

So I will admit that I'm a degenerate ripper of semi junk 80s. 86&87 Fleer. 86&87 donruss. 81 Fleer. These are my easy within reach packs to rip. And it keeps my more valuable stuff safe and sound for the more prominent rip sessions with friends. My wife just let me know that she is getting tired of the clutter in our office and that I need to figure out a better way to deal with all of the excess loose cards I'm creating.

Anyone else keep some packs on hand that they rip on a whim? I'm about 5 days per week. And once every couple months something bigger will go down like an 83 Topps or Fleer box.
Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too

Comments

• GrimsterGrimster Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Im similar to you. I keep the "keepers" in the storage shoeboxes either on the shelf or in the closet. All the wrappers go straight to the trash. All the commons go into the recycling right when Im finished. Helps keep the clutter down.

I used to keep all the commons around...but they would end up getting tossed anyway. So now I just skip that step and just get rid of them from the get go, lol

• milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Several years ago I held onto 1980 Topps Hockey, 1984 OPC hockey for that occasional rip fix. Now its more like 1985 Topps Baseball and some of the cheaper stuff.
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net