Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT- It has been a long 2 years MYKAL singing at Grand Ole Opry Tuesday night!

Hey all,

I had posted this about 2 years ago. May 23, 2013 my life changed forever, when my 15 year old daughter suffered sudden cardiac arrest at a KC Royals game. I will not get into details, but we were told she would die that night. Thanks to paramedics and the ER nurse who she went to the game with, she got fast CPR and was revived beating the 5% odds. The 2 years have been tough and blessed bitter sweet for our family. Mykal was sent back by God and has gained a talent with music in which she turned to to cope. I am so proud to announce that she will take the stage Tuesday night to perfom a song she wrote and recorded at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, TN. For you non-musicians (like I was), this is as big a stage as it gets in country music. Thank you sooooo much from the bottom of my heart for I know many of you on here prayed for my family. I have had to sell off most of my collection for medical reasons, but was happy to do it. This is much more than a Dad can ask for and deserve. Thank you to my collecting colleagues for your support.

Jason

Comments

• Options
    kgibsonkgibson Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    What terrific news! I pray that God continues to bless your family.
    "You know we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, well, there'll be other days. I didn't realize that that was the only day."
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    What terrific news! God is good
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    amazing and uplifting story! when you say the grand ole opry are you referring to the ryman auditorium or the house?

both are amazing venues!!!
  • Options
    house
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    very cool! seen a few shows at both of the grand ol opry venues and both are unique in their own way! well there's actually been 3 or 4 GOO venues depending on certain events/circumstances.

congrats again on the opportunity for her to play/share the stage of that caliber which holds so much musical history!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Jason,

May GOD continue to look over Mykal. Glad to hear she is doing well. Best of luck at the GOO!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭
    Wow, incredible story. Your "proud dad" glow is probably beaming right now. Enjoy the day and best of luck to your daughter. God bless.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    What an awesome story. GOD is great!!!! My daughter is a nurse and she is so special to me. I cannot imagine what you and your family must have went through. So glad she is able to make a mark on someone else.

I am in Nashville and would love to hear. Unfortunately, I will be out of town next week. image

Safe travels to you and your family.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    David

Thanks. She is wanting to attend Belmont in Nashville. It is pricey so Dad may be selling off some cards soon. She is going to be a senior in HS next year. We have actually contemplated a move there.
    We love that area.

Jason
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

<< <i>David

Thanks. She is wanting to attend Belmont in Nashville. It is pricey so Dad may be selling off some cards soon. She is going to be a senior in HS next year. We have actually contemplated a move there.
    We love that area.

Jason >>

I went to Lipscomb...Belmont's nemesis, and I feel your pain with the cost. haha. My family loves it here. Hot humid summers, mild winters, a few storms in the spring, great scenery in the fall, NFL, NHL, SEC, music, Smokey Mountains, Dollywood, etc.... The downside is no mass transportation planning.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06