Home U.S. Coin Forum

A CAC Gold sticker sure adds a lot of value

It turns an $11 coin into a $104 coin or at least the seller thinks so.

Why would anybody CAC a MS63 Mercury dime image

Comments

• This content has been removed.
  • BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding this coin, it hardly matters.

With other coins, does it add value or acknowledge value? image
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have sold 2 CAC Gold Sticker coins and enjoyed the profits very much.
    One was a Doily PF66 Franklin that I paid about $25 for and it sold for over $300...the holder might have had something to do with it though. image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a time when the GoldCAC first came out that two players in the market tried to grab any GoldCAC they could find and drove the prices up. The uncertainty of how many GoldCAC coins were out there and the increasing submissions/increasing possibilities of more GoldCACs put a stop to the attempt to 'corner the market'. Prices fell somewhat for these more common coins. The GoldCAC has an interesting cachet as someone with a Classic $5 with a GoldCAC realizes they might actually have something -- but an MS63 Merc? Nice Rattler, but even if it is the 'next highest grade' . . . hmmmmm.....

Drunner
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no varieties for 1940-P.......it's in a dang rattler......and has a dang sticker!

Absolutely nothing that I like about that coin.
  • AblinkyAblinky Posts: 626 ✭✭✭
    As far as CAC Gold stickers are concerned when Stacks sold the Stephen Winthrop collection. A few of those got Gold stickers, among them a 1943 P Walker in MS-64 that is a $60-80 coin 8 days out of the week. The thing sold for over $700 hammer, with juice just a scratch under $1k without looking it up to be exact.

Andrew Blinkiewicz-Heritage

• Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

In his case, it hasn't added any value since it has not sold yet. Try getting a gold CAC on a top pop or near top coin. That is when you have something nice! I was tempted to post my baby again but didn't!
  • I had to do a search to find it, but remembered seeing this one in another thread:

I wonder how much the CAC Gold sticker adds to this one?
  • stevebensteveben Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @supergem

difficult to say, but it will add value for sure.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the photos are not good enough to comment about the grade and designation

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It turns an $11 coin into a $104 coin or at least the seller thinks so.

Why would anybody CAC a MS63 Mercury dime image >>

That baby's a lock 64 and worth at least $19. image
  • hiijackerhiijacker Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    From what i have seen, Gold CAC's are given if they will be a 2 point jump, not 1.

So to value a Gold Cac look two grades higher.
    Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
    Cashback from Mr. Rebates
  • cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not my cup of tea, but the CAC gold stickers do command large premiums (granted that it has dropped since then as another member has commented).
  • DavideoDavideo Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In his case, it hasn't added any value since it has not sold yet. >>

This. The seller is just looking for a sucker as asking price does not equal market value.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file