Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Promotion for The History of England podcast: I donated an Edward I penny and a medieval mount

Check it out.

David Crowther's THoE podcast is great. I highly recommend it and have done several coin giveaways for him.

While it's a serious history podcast, David presents it in a lighthearted way with plenty of jokes and whimsical references, so it's fun as well as topical. I like his style.

With this particular promo, everyone who gives a (PayPal) donation to his podcast gets their name in the hat for the coin or the artifact.

You can get in on the drawing by making a donation, of course, but David would probably appreciate it just as much if you only listened to an episode or two and commented.

It's not about money, of course. You can tell it's a labor of love for him. (Except he'd spell it "labour").

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Nice!

Listened to #152 in the wee hours: Death of a Conquering Hero.

He tells it with style...
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options

I started listening to the History of England podcast during my workday while shooting coins. I was not expecting the presenter to start talking about the LordM Coin Giveaway and I was suddenly very confused and delighted.

Radiant Collection: Numismatics and Exonumia of the Atomic Age.
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/showcase/3232

• Options
    Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thoroughly enjoy this podcast - have re-listened to some of the episodes. Always brings a smile when I hear Rob/LordM's giveaways!

Highly recommend if the topic is of interest to you - entertaining.

My current "Box of 20"

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 11:57PM

I donated coins for promotional giveaways for David on several occasions. He's a great guy, and I love his warm and humorous narration. I think he could read a grocery list or telephone book and I would enjoy listening.

I offered to do that for some other history podcasters as well, but David is the only one who really gave me the time of day.

Well, I did give Mike Duncan some French assignat notes, once, when he was covering the French Revolution in his "Revolutions" podcast. Most people know him from his epic "History of Rome" podcast.

And I gave a Roman coin to Dan Carlin of "Hardcore History" fame, once, though it was for him and not a promo.

If you can handle his thick Italian accent, Daniele Bolelli's "History on Fire" podcast is also excellent, as is David Apelzin's "Podcast of Doom".

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.